七┃ team seven

CHAPTER SEVEN,
Team Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN, Team Seven

The Uzumaki-Namikaze residence was more quiet than usual, quieter than Yume's used to

The Uzumaki-Namikaze residence was more quiet than usual, quieter than Yume's used to. The twelve-year-old Genin walked into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes tiredly at the sight of a familiar red-haired woman. "Good morning," mumbled and sat at the kitchen table, dressed and ready.

Kushina turned and smiled brightly with a spatula in hand, "Morning Hon!"

Yume looked around the apartment and noticed no sign of the blonde-haired man, her brows furrowed. "Kushina, where did Minato go?" Today was her first day as a Genin in team seven and soon, she'll be out training more with Tsunade.

Yume was excited for that because of one reason, she'll finally meet someone who was related to her, her cousin! Thinking about it made her happy. Even though she and Tsunade were relatively distant relatives it made no difference in her book.

"He must have been called up early by the Hokage. He'll be back soon," she replied, setting down the cooked breakfast. Kushina sat in front of Yume, her dark blue eyes gaze happily at the red-haired girl.

"I'm proud of you, y'know," Kushina said. Yume's violet eyes widened. Proud? Yume had never heard of that word before, and it has never been said to her so positively.

Kushina then leaned her face in her hand, "Can you promise me something? That you'll be better than we ever were and will live your life on your own accords. I feel like I need to tell you this so I know you're going to be okay out on your own."

Kushina knows Yume is able to take care of herself all on her own, physically. But inside, she wanted to make sure Yume would take care of that too. That she'll always be who she was and will never change that.

"I want you to keep your heart."

Yume smiled softly, "I promise, I won't lose that Kushina. That I'll keep loving on my own accord."

"You've certainly grown Yume," Kushina thought while admiring the young girl. From being enslaved and abused almost her whole life to having a strong would and will.