十五┃ mending relationships

CHAPTER FIFTEEN,
Mending Relationships

CHAPTER FIFTEEN,Mending Relationships

Months have gone by ever since that day, the Kannabi Bridge

Yume hasn't uttered a word.

For the first week, Yume remained in her room and the forest for training. She's more quiet than ever, as if her presence wasn't there anymore, like a ghost.

For the past months, all Rin has tried failed completely. Kakashi and Yume always go separate ways, Kakashi avoids them both while Yume pays no mind to either of them. She felt lonely, she was a part of this team like they were... so she was not giving up.

She was able to corner Yume, who had a neutral expression on her face. Her hair was much longer, including her bangs, now being held from her face by the familiar hairclip, the one he gave her.

Yume stopped wearing her signature braid and now switched to a regular ponytail.

Her eyes seemed so different in Rin's eyes, there wasn't anger or sadness lodged deep within them, just a blank canvas, "Yume? Are you listening? I was wondering if you wanted to visit the monument with me. I know you haven't visited it."

Ever since they placed a Monument regarding all the fallen Shinobi, including Obito, not once has Yume visited the site.

For the first time, Yume's gaze fell to her own for a split second, the girl bowed respectfully and walked away. Rin frowned, "No? Oh, okay."

The team was disbanding, leaving her to pick up the pieces.

"Rin! You alright?"

Rin looked behind her, Asuma and Kureni walked up to her, she smiled softly and rubbed the back of her neck, "Yeah! I just... Yume."

"I heard she's going through a tough time. Kakashi too."

After they came back from the mission, Kakashi avoids the two girls at all costs, especially Yume. A look of deep guilt could be seen from miles, a deep regret harbored directly towards Yume.