三┃ kakashi hatake

CHAPTER THREE,
Kakashi Hatake

CHAPTER THREE, Kakashi Hatake

After nearly two years of spending much time together, the two became inseparable

After nearly two years of spending much time together, the two became inseparable. It was as if they've been tied to the hip, never leaving each other's side.

Summer came in a flash and Obito had created a personal goal regarding the red-haired Uzumaki. Something that even Obito caught on about Yume was that she didn't really know how to express her feelings correctly and usually looked up to him with decisions.

Most of the time she was neutral, and it was only sometimes she would let out a smile.

Obito made it his goal to be the one to make her laugh out loud, to make her smile so wide it would start hurting her cheek muscles. To have her experience strong positive emotions that would reflect externally within her. It would be him to accomplish this, it is even more important to him than becoming Hokage.

"I can't wait to see what my grandchildren would look like," Obito's grandma commented, teasing the boy. Today, the two were heading out to the village for a contest about Shinobi's, which piqued his interest especially.

"Grandma, I'm only five," Obito groaned, trying to quickly put his shoes on. Waiting for him, Yume was very excited to go to this competition with him since Kushina and Minato gave her permission.

"You ready?" Yume stood at the doorway as she tugged on his sleeve. Obito nodded and got up, quickly grabbing her hand and running out. "Bye you too! Keep each other safe," his grandmother shouted as they took off running. Making it, there was a banner:

Youth Ninjutsu Contest

Obito ran and waited in line to participate. Yume decided to watch in the crowd.

"Hey! Yume! I was hoping you were coming!" Yume turned to the side and saw a friend of hers, Rin Nohara, who was running towards her with a smile. Through Obito, she met the brown-haired girl, and they've also gained a great friendship. Rin always encouraged and helped Yume out of her comfort zones and become more open.

Yes, Rin is a dear friend to Yume.

Yume softly smiled back as they stood next to each other to watch the competition. Looking over, Obito was next in line and told the man who ran the contest what jutsu he would show. Walking on to the stage, he made a show of hand signs which created a fireball, amazing everyone. Rin cheered happily while Yume smiled and clapped as Obito looked over at them with a grin while scratching his head.

Joining them two girls after, Obito was in the lead of winning the prize he wanted. "Good job!" Yume congratulated him as he looked over to her and Rin nodded happily. Obito looked at Yume more quizzically, "Dang it! How can I make her laugh..."

Hearing that there was another competitor they looked forward to seeing who it was. The boy jumped down from a branch and landed swiftly in the middle of the stage. He has silver spiked hair and a mask on, seemingly younger than the trio. Obito stared at the boy and watched the hand signs and huffed proudly.

After forming a jutsu the ground suddenly started to move in a wave like trance. Yume was easily able to keep her own balance as Rin held onto her tightly for support, Obito was hanging on for dear life by his own foot.

She watched, intrigued by the masked boy as he walked away with the prize. Obito glared slightly as the boy walked away, clenching his right fist, "Kakashi Hatake," he snarled. Rin looked at Yume, then Obito and smiled sadly as she nodded, understanding her. Yume turned to Obito and with the hand he was clenching, took it softly. He snapped out of his anger almost immediately, about to question Yume why she held his hand, though he doesn't mind.

Yume opened his once clenched palm and placed a flower in the middle of it. A flower that was purple like her eyes, having a unique pattern and light yellowish color:

Iris

Obito knew this flower, it was one of the most valuable ones in Yume's collection. She smiled, "My book said that an Iris means faith. I have faith in you Obito."

Obito felt the warmth of Happiness engulf his heart, it hammered once again loudly in his chest. That was an ability Yume received after spending lots of time with him, she was able to change his moods almost instantly. Obito values her opinion more than anything and anyone else. Her gift reassures him that she'll always be with him and watching him.

Also, something Obito learned about Yume was that even though she didn't know how to reflect her true feelings, she would find a way to through her flowers.

┉┈ ◈◉◈ ┈┉

Obito walked back to his home after dropping Yume back to her. Even with the circumstances that had happened today, Kakashi winning the contest, he still felt content within himself. The flowers that Yume had given to him over the course of their friendship were the most valuable things in his possession.

"Grandma! I'm home!" Obito yelled out, taking off his shoes. The old woman soon appeared in front of him with a smile, "Dinner's ready." The two soon sat down at the table and ate silently. He could hear a chuckle and looked up to his grandmother,"You know, Yume reminds me of someone I met long ago," she hummed. Obito chewed up his food quickly before speaking.

"Huh, who?"

"Mito Uzumaki, though the Uchiha were widely discriminated against, she was a wise and compassionate woman. I could recall times she would visit the Leaf when I was much younger and greeted every person there with a smile," the woman hummed out and took a bite out of the food.

"What happened to her? Is she still alive?" Obito was curious now. "Uzumaki...I wonder if she is as pretty as Yume..."

His grandmother shook her head, "No, she passed away before you were even born. I believe Yume will grow up to be much like her, no doubt in my head." She smirked a little and pointed at Obito with her chopsticks, "She was also married to the first Hokage himself, Hashirama Senju."

"REALLY!?" Obito yelled out. "Now this is getting interesting!" he thought happily as his grandmother told him the entire story. He didn't question himself why knowing that made him happy, to know a woman who was like Yume married a Hokage. She would always have this effect on him no matter how hard he tries to fight it.

So to this day, he decided to not fight it any longer, he is going to embrace it fully. However, he still didn't understand his true feelings yet. But soon, he will realize it.