Sip on Some Bubbly, Hope I'm Not Doin Too Much

"Sorry" The brunette mumbles to a nameless stranger as she brushes past them to get to the kitchen.

Her eyes scan the room and take note of a few drink choices, though she's really already familiar with her choices considering she's on her 7th drink of the night.

She's already developed a favorite even, it's almost second nature for Camila to reach for the Mike's Hard lemonade. Her hand and another reach for the very same can,

"Ope- sorry- you can have it."

The internal smile Camila's subconscious casts is wide. Found you.

"S' all good..Victoria Monet right?"

The girl in question laughs. "Damn full government. Am I in trouble?"

Camila switches her weight from one foot to the other, a half smile spread across her lips as her body sways (partially) drunk. "Yeah I wanted that specific can really bad so yeah actually you are." She laughs.

Victoria smiles " My bad...You can't have the can now though."

"Why not?"

"Because now that I know how much you want it I just can't let you have it. I refuse to give you that satisfaction." She shrugs.

"Fuck we just met and we're already beefin?"

"Just kidding." Victoria sings, "Here." She hands Camila the cherry lime can and grabs a new one herself. "I like strawberry better anyways."

"Good choice....Yeah I..I like these." Camila smacks her lips to herself, savoring the taste.

Victoria softly giggles, "They don't drink these at your old city?"

Old city? I grew up here...

She takes a beat to reply, absentmindedly staring at her classmate in the meantime which doesn't make her shy away in the slightest .

Then it clicks to Camila. "Ohhhh that's right. You think I'm new here."

"Uh are you not?"

"No I'm from here girl. I'm probably your neighbor n' you don't even know it."

"Stop lyin."

"Why would I lie?"

"How come I've never seen you around till this year?"

"Because my dad's side of the family isn't too fond of gay people and they shipped me off to military school for my freshman year. I guess it made sense to them to send me off with a bunch of girls to get rid of that so that's wild." Camila shrugs and sips on her can before it registers how much she just said to a stranger, basically. A stranger she's trying to hit on at that.

"You know what let's just act like my drunk ass didn't just trauma dump on you and we'll pretend I actually am a new kid." Keep it smooth, Camila. Keep it smooth.

"No no let's not." Victoria laughs. "I don't mind you sharing with me. I have experience with people not liking who I'm attracted to as well. It sucks." She shrugs.

So she does like girls after all.. Shit, was Keiynan actually right about her feeling me?

Camila casts a skeptical look that turns into sympathy. "Like who?"

"My grandma. She's just old and doesn't know any better."

"Old age or not, doesn't make it hurt any less." Camila stares at her with a soft look. Victoria can't hold the eye contact and instead nods to herself.

"What about you though? You said your dad's side of the family..Does that include him?"

"You know, I've sucked the joy out of the party enough. You wanna go dance with me, Victoria Monet?"