I Might Fly Priscilla Out Just For 'Bana

Normani's POV

"See! I told you you had nothing to worry about Mila! Sure, a lot has changed but we're all still just as close as before."

Me, Camila, Keiynan, and Billie were all hanging out in the den of the Eilish household, taking turns playing fortnite like old times. We've all matured, and in a way I think it's actually made us all closer than ever.

Camila sassily rolled her eyes at my comment, "Yeah yeah."

"So Mila, I hate to ask, and if you don't wanna tell us that's fine of course, but how was military school? Was it as scary and exhausting as tv makes it out to be?" Keiynan asks.

My eyes immediately shoot to the brunette and inspect her facial features closely, trying to sense any discomfort. Though she seemed not that bothered, grinning towards the end of Keiynan's question.

"Actually it wasn't that bad. I mean don't get me wrong that school was exhausting as fuck and i don't miss waking up at 5:30 every day that's the fuck for sure." She dramatically rolled her eyes. "But it was pretty tolerable with all the girls there. I made some cool friends." She nervously scratched the back of her head and a light blush rose to her cheeks that definitely didn't go unnoticed by the three of us.

"What's with the rosy cheeks Bello?" Billie evilly grinned. As if she already knew.

"Rosy cheeks? I don't know what you're talking about, eyelash." She brushed it off.

We all deadpanned and looked at the girl unconvinced.

She gave a lopsided, shy smile before her face dropped completely, going half way pale in the process.

I scooted closer to her on the couch and held her hand in support, something was up with her. "Are you okay Mila?" I asked quietly

She exhaled deeply, turned to look at me and nodded with a meek smile on her face. "Yeah....I just have to tell you something later." She whispered.

Now that was weird. There has never been a time where Camila couldn't tell me something in front of Key and Billie. This must be important.

The other two didn't pay much mind to our interaction, sucked into the battle royale.

I firmly gripped my best friend's hand, my thumb tracing soothing strokes on her hand. She squeezed my hand tightly in response.

"You guys we should go like swimming or on a hike tomorrow." Key said over his shoulder, still very much so sucked into the game.

Billie nodded in agreement ferociously. "We totally fuckin should. I vote the Hamilton pool."

"I'm down to have y'all over, it's been a month or two since the last time."

The three of them giggled at me while I sat there confused. Did I say something funny?

"They mean the other Hamilton pool, Manibear." My eyebrows contorted in confusion.

"Don't tell me you haven't been to the Hamilton Pool Waterfall? Wow I'm doing a shit job at being your hospitable Texan best friend. It's decided, we're going to the waterfall."

She turned to me, beaming smile across her face and twinkle in her eye, "trust me you're gonna love it."

Key and Billie cheered in agreement.

* * * *

We spent the rest of the evening playing different console games and bullying each other as usual until me and Mila both had to go home for dinner.

Billie only lived 10 minutes away from us, so we walked there and now we're walking back.

"So about that thing I needed to tell you.." My thoughts were interrupted as the Latina spoke up and stopped in her tracks.

She nervously fumbled with her jacket zipper while slowly breathing to herself. "Before you ask, yes I'm okay. I just want to spit this out and get it over with so...Normani...I just wanted to tell you that I'm uh..."

I held her hands as encouragement, not saying a word and being respectful and patient towards what she has to say.

"I'm like gay...well maybe bisexual but i'm like 90% sure I just like girls.."

I sighed in relief and wrapped her in a tight hug. "That's it? Jeez Mila I thought you were gonna leave me again."

She chuckled and wrapped her arms around me. "Never again. Trust me on that."

"Mila thank you for trusting me enough to tell me. I don't care if you're gay or bi or whichever. Never ever be scared to tell me what's up with you. I love you okay?"

I leaned back to look at her, noticing her eyes were steamy. She must have been so scared to tell me. I know what kind of parents she has. I don't even wanna think about what their opinion on it is. If she's even told them.

I gave her a reassuring smile. "It's okay Mila. You're okay." I hugged her again and rubbed her back.

"I haven't told Key and Billie but I'm pretty sure they already know. They have known me for a long ass time. Even you didn't seem that surprised." She laughed, wiping away the tears that didn't fall.

"I mean...I wasn't expecting it but..." We looked at each other and erupted in boisterous laughter.

"Yeah you can kinda just tell...I got those woman loving vibes, I get it. I'm just a lady magnet."

I rolled my eyes and playfully shoved her before we started walking again. "Yeah whatever stud. If you're such a lady magnet why don't you tell me about the ladies from your old school huh?" I wiggled my eyebrows teasingly at her and she blushed profusely with a grin.

"That's a story for another time."