3

After he accidentally listened to Kinn’s talk with his father, Porsche couldn’t shake off what Boss Korn said. Somehow Porsche was connected to the Theerapanyakuls. This itself made his skin crawl, but the fact that he had no idea how was he connected to them made him almost paranoid. Suddenly everyone had their eyes on him and he felt like bodyguards surrounding Kinn were glaring at him more than usual. Of course, he knew that they hated him a little bit. He heard some of the trainees whispering about how he slipped into the training with close to no effort when others had to be interrogated and then put through trials to even get to training. And he was just picked up by Kinn in his very own apartment. Well, Kinn’s apartment since the bastard bought the entire building.

Porsche just finished his sparring session with Best, one of the bodyguards who were in Boss Korn’s inner circle, when New came with a black bag and worried expression on his face. Best looked at him surprised and stepped out of the mat, nodding at the younger one.

“I thought Boss said you were going out to secure the packages from the outer members?” he asked, taking off the tape from his fingers and knuckles.

Porsche carried on cleaning the surrounding area and then taking off the tape from his hands. He hissed slightly, seeing a little blood under them. He quickly grabbed his clothes from the locker and walked out to the showers. He didn’t want to listen to any other conversations that didn’t involve him directly.

“Boss Kinn asked for the trainee to be ready at seven. He will be accompanying him to the event,” New said with eyes darting after Porsche. “He won’t be going as a bodyguard.” He added with a sigh.

Best sharply inhaled air and shook his head. The middle Theerapanyakul was a little bit hot-headed, especially when it came to something new. Porsche was a special case, everyone inside the mansion could see that the boy had some sort of power over the family members. Or at least over Kinn and Korn.

New nodded and placed the bag at the bench, taking out his cigarettes and giving one to Best. Both lit them and looked around the gym. Other trainees had much potential, some were very observant, some had strength like no other, but both knew that only three or four had both. Of course, when it came to Porsche they had to add martial art training and survival instinct. Most of the candidates came from families that were connected to either major or minor families, they were second or third sons, who were not main heirs to their families and needed to either prove themselves or didn’t want to be looked upon.

Both calmly finished their smoke. New picked up the bag and headed to the showers, nodding at some of the trainers that noticed his presence inside. He knocked loudly at one of the cabins, where water was running.

“Porsche. Boss Kinn has an assignment for you,” he said loudly. The water stopped and Porsche’s head appeared from behind the door. “You wear the clothes that are inside,” he pointed at the bag that was hung on the hanger next to showers. “And meet me before the main hall in fifteen.”

Porsche quickly finished his cleaning and applied cream for the cuts on his hands. With a sigh, he picked up the bag and took out the clothes that were inside. Black trousers, a black shirt, a black jacket, and a black tie. He frowned as he looked at them. They looked different from what all bodyguards wore, they somehow looked more expensive and more fitting. Hearing voices of other trainees, he took the clothes and quickly changed, placing his clothes inside the bag. He passed four of the candidates while walking out, all of them stopped when they saw what he was wearing. After all, it was a rule that they were given the uniform when Boss Korn approved of their finished training and skills.

“Why do I feel it’s not a uniform?” Porsche muttered, catching the end of his tie between his thumb and pointing finger. He checked his phone and quickly texted Porsché that he would be home later than usual and left.