𝟬𝟬𝟵: ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1/3

Brooklyn Monáe Banks| Brook
📍STL – MO📍

𝗙𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 (𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗴𝗼...)

"Momma, you sure that you're spose to be up like this?" I began to get concerned because she wasn't supposed to be walking.

"Yes, I'm all fine, mybaby. All I'm doing is going to the restroom." As she made her way down the hall, she tried to reassure me while coughing.

I followed her the entire way, making sure to remain close behind her because I knew the doctors had warned her she shouldn't be walking since her surgery was only a few days ago.

I sat with her the entire time we were in the restroom, making sure nothing bad happened. I sat across from her on the bathtub, while she sat on the toilet.

"Mama, you sure you're okay? I'm scared." I said, as my voice trembled.

"I'm amazing, and why would you be scared, baby?" She asked, frowning.

"I just want you to get better cus' you're always in the hospital."

"Don't be scared; they're helping me heal. I guarantee I'll be okay soon." She wiped tears from my face that I didn't even realize I was shedding. "You're going to make me cry, stop crying pretty."

"Sorry, I don't wanna make you cry, momma. I just don't wanna lose you. We get scared because Daddy and I love you so much."

"I love you and your daddy even more. I'll be here for a long time because I'm going to get better and better."

"I want you to keep that in mind." She kissed my nose after speaking while holding both sides of my cheeks in her hands.

"Okay." I smiled.

"Go take the stuff out for ice cream, baby. Daddy a be on his way; and we're going to make sundaes!" As I giggled, she tickled me by kissing all over my face.

As I eagerly walked downstairs to the kitchen. I pulled the ice cream and toppings out of the freezer and placed them on the counter so they would be ready when my momma and daddy reached the kitchen.

"Hmmm, should I get vanilla or strawberry?" I tapped my chin, while thinking.

"Why not both?" I shrugged and put them both onto the counter.

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard a terrifying crash coming from upstairs.

I immediately thought about my momma and rushed up the stairs to see what she was doing.

"MOMMA!" As she lay on the ground shaking, I yelled and hurried towards her.

"Mama, please, oh my— What's happeninggg?" I cried out being totally confused.

I didn't understand what to do, so I did the only thing I did know and snatched her phone off of the bathroom countertop and dialed 9-1-1.

"9-1-1 what's your emergency." The operator on the other line answered.

"Umm, h-hello! M-m-my mama fell a-a-andd now I'm don't know what's happening to herrr." Through my sobs, I tried to say.