kazuha

The wind viciously sways through my hair as my attire tosses and turns violently in the wind

The wind viciously sways through my hair as my attire tosses and turns violently in the wind. The dark bottomless ocean quickly nears. The ocean and sky, the only familiarity I had in this strange world, the water and sky stretched on for what seemed like years, centuries. I am completely alone in the middle of the deserted, immeasurable ocean, not a soul in sight. The sun harshly blares in my eyes as I brutally pierce through the water. The impact of the water smashing against my body makes my head spin and eyes drowsy.

The cold unforgiving ocean swallows me, dragging me into the unknown depths. The frigid water stung at my skin like a thousand little needles. The water without hesitation seeps into my mouth, past my lips, filling my poor lungs. Oxygen slowly draining from me as my vision blurs. My legs and arms move relentlessly as I try prying my way up to the above. Water has never felt so thick before, so inescapable. Almost as if I had fallen into a pit of quicksand. My hands finally break through the surface as I attempt to take a forcible breath of air.

The merciless ocean waves crash against me again, dragging me further under, my body getting thrown hopelessly through the murderous ocean.
Just another reason to add as to why I hate the ocean so much, it's gorgeous colours and serenity from afar is only a façade to shield its true pitiless, murderous self that hides unseen in the shadows. It temps us, but what lurks beyond is much more ferocious and crueller, true demons and monsters wait patiently for the next defenceless idiot to devour. As mysterious as the ocean is, it hides monsters unthinkable. It's a place I'd rather die than face, especially alone.
My legs grow sluggish as my bodies urge to allow the sea to take me overtake. Am I really going to die here?

White, red, a face, a person? A warm feeling, envelopes me, ignites me, fuelling me with overbearing feelings of longing and kinship, a feeling so foreign yet so comforting and addictive. A hand is clasps around my own, holding onto it so protectively, as if I were to slip away into the far unknown. This touch, a touch I longed for, yearned for, affection I once would have done anything for. Our fingers lace together as the other wraps tightly around my waist. I've gone completely nuts. How can such a delicate being survive within these nightmarish seas? On deaths door and this is what I'm hallucinating, how pathetic. My body went limp, vision blurring. My lungs burn, set ablaze, my head feels as if my brain were pounding on it, in a way to escape. What a horrible and lonely death I was faced with.

My body jolts awake, a warm candle light burns brightly, the smell of vanilla lingers within the walls of the small room. Calming, I thought. My brain pounds as memories flood through my head, only having bits and pieces of the event that had previously taken place, everything seemed like a foggy dream. I knew what had happened, I just didn't as well. I have a lot of questions, the one swirling in and out of my head the most would have to be "where the fuck am I?" I wearily got up from the bed, holding the blanket to my body as a form of protection from what I fear I might face from the opposite side from this door. Robbers? Murderers? My high school teachers? I shakily grab the door and carefully open it. It's sunset, the ocean is calm as opposed to how it was in the early morning. Orange and purple swirls of colour bounce off the reflection of the water. Crew mates laugh and cheer as they drink the night away, some are tumbling and conversing while others are downing as much of their drink as they can in one gulp.

A tall brunette woman chugs her drink down with ease as she laughs loudly. Her long hair twirling and swirling in the gentle breeze that accompanied the serene nightfall. A short, White haired male sits beside her, drinking carefully out of his own beverage as he eyes her. He brings his drink down from his lips, a soft laugh leaving his mouth. I shut the door as the blanket I had been holding onto so tightly drops to the ground. My clothes remained the same as before, thankfully. I would rather catch the most sickling, cold then to have strangers changing my clothes, seeing parts of myself that i'd much rather kept hidden.

White, red, face? I grab my belongings that sit atop the bed side table and carelessly toss it in my book bag that was neatly sitting on a chair in a random corner of the room. What a strange place to put a chair. Just as I were about to grab the handle to stealth-fully exit the room and escape this hellish ship the handle starts to turn itself, the door hastily opens to reveal the same white-haired male from before. He looks at me gently as he gathers the words from his head to say aloud. "Oh, you've awoken. How are you feeling? You mustn't be standing yet, you swallowed quite the amount of water, if we hadn't spotted you when we did, I might fear you wouldn't be with us as of right now." He smiles so sadly. He stares patiently awaiting some form of an answer, I open my mouth but all I could muster out was a mere hello. My voice shaky, unsure, why am I so nervous? I wasn't expecting him to be this beautiful up close, his beauty compared to no other.

He smiles at me and leads me back the bed. We both sit on the bed as he tells me what happened and what they did in order to nurse me back to health. "I'm Kaedehara Kazuha, it's a pleasure to meet you." He pauses. "and who might you be?" I snap out of my trance, thinking before I stutter the best response I could think of, this guy makes me feel so nervous. "I'm l/n y/n, thank you so very much for helping me, I'm sorry to of burdened or troubled you in any way. I deeply appreciate all you have done for me." I breath. "It's no trouble at all, you're no such burden to us, but if I may ask, just how did you end up in the middle of the ocean?" He questions carefully, his voice so sweet and calming. "I honestly can't answer you there, I myself don't truly know. One minute I'm free falling from the sky and the next I'm drowning. I must thank you for laying my books out to dry though." When I had first awoken I had noticed my books layed out carefully across the room to dry.

"Once again, it's no trouble, it's truly perplexing how you got there but it's pointless to dwell on it, I'm glad you're alright". The way he stares into my eyes makes me feel so entranced, what's with this guy? "Now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to inform the captain of your awakening, i'll come see you a little later on. Try to not get in trouble whilst i am not here to babysit you, alright l/n y/n?" he muses. "No promises, Kaedehara Kazuha". A smiles sneaks upon my face as he carefully closes the door. the encounter leaves my face hot and palms sweaty. A giddy feeling swirls within me as my mind wanders to what our next encounter will look like.
Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

1304 words 👍
I'm dying!! i hope you like the story though, it's my first one, if you have any suggestions i'll try my best to write and or fulfill them. Also if anyone has any criticism, please do give it! as long as it's nice tho! 😭

thanks for reading!! 💗🫶