Childe

!TW!
mentions of men!
if uncomfortable with the topic of unwanted touching, catcalling, getting followed home or anything revolving that subject please don't read this.

The fire blares and soars as a range of warm orange and yellow hues dance on the walls of the room

The fire blares and soars as a range of warm orange and yellow hues dance on the walls of the room. A warm and comforting atmosphere on contrast to the piercing cold rain pouring down outside. Couch cushions and pillows cover every inch of the room, blankets sprawled out everywhere, hair knotted and ratty. Clothes loosely hang off my body as I scoop another spoon full of ice-cream in my gob. I feel like absolute shit, this morning, I was so happy and excited, I had on a cute outfit that made me feel beyond confident, my hair looked amazing, and my mood was at an all-time high.

But

As soon as I stepped out of my house, my mood and confidence slowly started getting picked off, one piece at a time. The number of stares and catcalling I got, I had never felt so uncomfortable and anxious. Guys of all ages staring at my body shamelessly, looking at me with such a disgusting looks laced within their eyes. Patiently standing, waiting in a line at a shop when some guy whispers disgusting words and laugh in your ear. A guy calls you from across the street saying some stupid, debilitating comment. Some guy decides to lightly brush his grubby hand against your thigh, then when you try moving away, he moves closer only to do it again, then looks at you and smiles as if he hadn't done anything.

I've gotten a lot of comments before, I've been catcalled, honked at, stared at, followed, touched, but I thought that as time went on, it wouldn't happen as often. When I was 7, older guys touched me at school then laughed about it, I always asked myself, what did I do to make them do that, was I my fault? did I send them some sort of sign? When I was 8, one of my brothers' friends creeped on me while I was changing in the comfort of my room, staring at me on his knees, head on the ground, trying to catch a look through my curtains. When I was 12 some guy at a shopping centre circled around me staring at my legs while I just stood there paralysed, after he had gotten a good look, he stared he in my eyes and smiled at me, then finally decided to walk away. When I was 13, I got followed home for the first time. When I was 15 some old guy kept staring at my body, kept looking me in the eye and smiling at me.

When I was 16 another old guy kept staring at my boobs. I thought, maybe it was my fault, but now at 20, I am old enough to know that it was never my fault. They were at fault, they were the creeps and weirdo's, they were the predators, it was in no way, shape or form, my fault.
It doesn't matter what I put on my body, whether it be a skirt, jeans, leggings, crop top, shorts, togs, or lingerie, I am never asking for it. It's not my body that is the problem, it's their minds.

Nonetheless, it still gets to me. All the comments and looks, still affect me. They still make my anxiety act up, they still make me self-conscious and overthink.

The door jiggles, opening hastily before closing rather harshly again. A gust of cold air, blows against my face, a shiver shoots down my spine as Goosebumps erupt on my skin, leaving my hair to stand up. A wet, individual stands hunched over against the door, putting all his support on the door as he catches his breath. Water drops onto the floor, creating a small puddle. "Sorry I'm late darling, there was a meeting and Scaramouche was being a douche yet again. Heey~, that rhymed!" he laughs breathily. Using his foot, he pushes himself off and away from the door, walking towards y/n covered beneath layers of blankets. "How was your day sweetheart? You went into Liyue today, right? Did ya get everything you needed? Hun?". He digs his hand under the many layers of blankets, placing his chilly hand on y/n's back. A small squeak erupts from their mouth as they try scooting away. He digs his other hand within the blanket, pressing it flat against their stomach.

Y/n moves restlessly at the try prying his hands away, smalls laughs fill the room, as Childe brings y/n closer to himself, hugging them tightly, chest to back, his hands find their way around their waist. The blankets one by one slowly fall off from them. Childe's head rests within the crook of their neck, pressing gentle kisses on their skin. His lips move against their skin as he smiles. His hands slither under their baggy shirt, slowly rubbing the skin of their waist and stomach.

"So how was your day?" he asks again, leaning over the couch slightly to hug them more. They remain silent.  Tears build up in the corners of their eyes, threatening to fall. He unwraps his arms from them after hearing a small sniffle come from them. He walks around to the front of the couch, kneeling in-front of them. He gently grabs their hands as he carefully brings the to his face, kissing them softly all over. "What's wrong? Did someone hurt or say something to you?" he asks worriedly. He brings his hands to her face, cupping her cheeks, caressing them with his thumb. Their emotions overflow, their walls break down. They tell him about their day, about all the comments and stares, about the catcalling and touching as he listens carefully.

Scared to look up and see his reaction, they look down at the floor. Childe sits there in silence, his face, his emotions, unrecognizable. He brings himself so he's kneeled between their legs, legs on either side of Childe's waist as he brings their forehead to connect with his. His hands holding their head softly, a comforting silence surrounds them. Childe wishes for nothing more than his partners happiness, to shower them with nothing but love and appreciation. To make them feel safe and comfortable, for them to feel confident and happy, so find them in such a state with tears strolling down their face and emotions such as disgust and anxiety envelope them makes him feel enraged. He wants nothing more than to make those who made his loved one feel such emotions to be in worlds of pain.

But for now, all he wants is to comfort his beloved and to hold them close to himself.
He'll find out who said what to you and who dared touching you and make sure they live to regret it.

This one sort of hits home for me, since i did base a lot of this off of my own experiences. I told my dad once about what was going on years later after it had happened and he told me it was my fault and if those boys grow up to be rapists, it would be my fault.  I'm not writing this for attention or anything other than awareness and to say it's never your fault. No matter what you put on your body, no matter how much you smile, it is never your fault.
Clothes are clothes, it's them that's the problem. I wanted to write this as sort of a way to get it off my chest since i've never had anyone to confide in. If something is going on, if someone has done something to you or is making you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, please tell someone. coming forward is never easy, but keeping it hidden away hurts even more.

thank you all for reading! 💗