1

TW: SA

TW: SA

I ran quickly as I tried to make it in time. My breathing got more ragged the more my feet stomped against the ground. My mind was booming with thoughts and getting its own heartbeat because of how fast my brain was thinking of the situation.

I saw the door. My eyes lit up with hope, my mind imagining a sunray beaming around the door. I tried to pick up the pace with what little energy I had left in my legs. They were aching and felt as if they were on fire.

As I swiftly made my way to the door, my hope diminished and my spirit was bent.

The grocery store was closed.

I had missed it by five minutes.

Five stinking minutes.  AHHHH!

Now I wouldn't be able to make chicken alfredo for dinner. Curse my poor time management.

I sighed and sat on a nearby bench, my legs exhausted and lungs feeling hot. Or cool. I couldn't tell. It felt the same.

I pulled out my phone checking the time. It was 8:35 pm. If I started walking back now I can make it to the bus station in time and hurry home.

I nodded my head even though nobody was around and started walking. It was getting dark. Hopefully, no villains plan on destroying the route I'm taking. Or surely I would cry.

-

I had made it to the bus station and waited for my bus to arrive. It was peaceful inside of this little cuticle, that was until this man with holes in his clothes walked in.

Side-eyeing him, he itched his greasy beard and looked at the people waiting, including me. I didn't like it. He began walking over to my spot slowly and sat down next to me.

God, he smells rancid. I'm not one to judge, but holy cannoli there are rivers and lakes nearby to wash.

My thoughts were interrupted as I felt an object on the inner side of my thigh.

Looking down hastily, I wanted to throw up as soon as I laid my eyes on what had touched me. Or who.

It was the hobo's hand. His fingers were oily and looked rough. His fingernails were yellow and appeared to have dirt underneath.

With bulging eyes, I looked over at him and mentally questioned why he was doing this. He looked unbothered as if his hand wasn't there.

I snapped my head back to where his hand was as I felt his hand go higher.

What the fuck.

I was freaking out. My mind had a thousand thoughts racing through it, but it felt so empty? What's happening?

My breathing was becoming irregular and my body felt tainted. My eyes were filling with tears. Why can't I do anything? Why can't I stop him? What's wrong with me?

His hand was slowly going higher, occasionally rubbing his thumb against my thigh.

Everything inside me wanted to cut his hand off and my leg. I felt gross.

Beaming lights slowly made their way to us, a honk coming from outside.

The bus.

My escape. I quickly hopped out of my seat, trying to get as far away from the man and entered the bus. I put my $2 inside the machine and sat near the back door of the bus. I just wanted to go home and wash my body.

-

Taking off my shoes, I hurried upstairs to my room to find a pair of pyjamas. My vision was blurry from my tears.

I walked over to the washroom and quickly stripped. Wanting to scrub my body aggressively. I felt disgusted. Why couldn't I stand up to him?

Hopping into the shower, I turned the water hot and finally let my tears flow. A sob escaping from me.