5

I hissed in pain, making the mistake of not watching where I was going

I hissed in pain, making the mistake of not watching where I was going. I had bumped my right leg into a corner of the store's wall, causing it to send bursts of pain around my entire leg. Unfortunately, this is the after affects of the attack a week ago.

I stood still, resting on my crutches as I mentally cursed myself for my stupidity, as well as to let the pain subside. Eventually, the bursts of pain were barely a rhythm now and I was able to continue shopping again.

I slowly scurried my way around food isles, stocking up on some meat and a few seasonings. I grabbed a couple of frozen packages of food as well, putting them into my cart. I mean, can you blame me? I can't really walk around in my kitchen in this state. Satisfied with what I grabbed, I began making my way to the cash register, my pace equaling that of a turtle. Finally making my way to the til, one of the customers behind me helped me unload my cart and place my groceries on the conveyor belt. I muttered a shy 'thanks' to which they nodded and went back to their place.

I paid for my groceries and limped my way out of the store, taking the shopping cart with me. Heading for the bus stop, I felt a tiny drop of rain hit the top of my head. I stood still, peering up at the grey clouds that rested above.

Oh. Great. Yay....

In a flash, the small droplets of rain were soon replaced with hard, heavy bursts of rain. In a pathetic attempt, I tried to limp faster to the bus stop, but it didn't help. My entire body was soaked, my dampened clothes clinging onto my body and making me cold.

I grit my teeth, my body shivering from the rain and the wind that followed. Could this be any worse? Actually, don't answer that. With crutches in both arms and a cart to push, I sighed in annoyance at my situation as I moved painstakingly slow. Limping for a few paces, I had finally reached the bus stop. The roof managed to keep the rain at bay, allowing my hair to begin drying. My clothes were too damp to dry, causing me to stay cold. This sucks. Why couldn't-

A loud honk interrupted my thoughts. Turning my head to see which driver had road rage, my eyes landed on a long, blue vehicle heading towards the bus stop. Happiness coursed through my body as the bus stopped right in front of me. I grabbed my grocery bags out of the card with one arm before limping my way onto the bus. My arm began to burn with exhaustion as I paid for my entry, turning to look for a place to sit. Listen, I have stick arms okay? My eyes darted around the bus before finally spotting two empty seats.

Scurrying my way over, a sigh of relief came out my mouth as I plopped down on the seat closest to the window, placing my grocery bags between my legs and resting my crutches on the seat beside me.

I rested my head on the window as I watched the small droplets of rain that rested on the outside. Making up a game to keep me entertained, I began to bet on the rain droplets on which one could slide to the bottom the quickest. I wasn't very lucky.

-

Grabbing my house keys from my pocket, I placed them in the doorknob, the click of the lock signalling that it was unlocked. Limping my way inside, I turned to lock my door before making my way to the kitchen. I began to place everything where it belonged, saving a can of Ravioli. Making my way to the drawers, I grabbed my can opener, locking it onto the can of Ravioli and twisting the knob until I saw the 'lid' was off. I grabbed a bowl from the cupboard above and emptied the cold, uncooked meal into it before making my way to the microwave.

I placed the bowl inside and set the timer, waiting patiently for it to be done. After a couple of minutes, the microwave beeped loudly, signalling it was done. I grabbed the bowl and limped my way over to the living room, propping down on one of the table seats. I don't know why I have multiple seats. I live alone. Kinda.. dumb. And lonely.

AN: Not much happening in this chapter. Sorry about that. I just wanted to act out 'you' and the after affects of the villain attack.