3

thank you to the person who commented last chapter <3

-

The monster growled at the sights of me, it's nostrils flaring in disgust as it sniffed me. It charged it's arm back and swiped an opening in the building next to me. Pieces of the building were flying everywhere, some crashing into people on the street. Screams of horror came from all around. The street began to be painted with red.

As I was about run the opposite direction, the ruby-eyed beast burst through the opening it had made. It hissed and flared its forked tongue, swiping at tiny shops on the street. My eyes widened in horror as I seen it swipe away the lemonade stand. A blood-curling scream came from it's direction as a red liquid became to ooze from the broken stand.

The boy.. Oh no, no no...

Rushing to the seen, my eyes made contact with a gut-wrenching scene.

The boys head was snapped ninety degrees, his neck bone popping out of his skin. A wooden pole from the stand had pierced his chest, impaling him.

My eyes watered and I felt my mouth fill with saliva, feeling nausea. I fell to the ground, letting out a greenish-yellow vomit. Dammit. I didn't stop and continued to let out all of my 24 hour of food and fluids. Gagging and unable to breathe, I fell on my side. Wiping the vomit off my mouth with the back of my hand, I felt the ground shake.

Crap. The monster. I don't have the strength to run away.

Stumbling to get up, I turned around and got ready to run, almost face planting back onto the ground. The ground shook, pieces of buildings shaking on the ground. Is it fucking chasing me?

My legs were ready to give out, all of my energy was back there with the boy. I turned my head back as I ran, wanting to see how much distance I had between me and the monster. It's ruby-yellow eyes in slits as it continued to get closer. Ohshit.

Trying to face forward, my foot made contact with a broken piece off of a building. Stumbling over it, I lost my balance and did a perfect impression of a scorpion. 10 out of 10 might I add. The bottom of my chin and the palm of my hands were burning. Looking at my hands, I noticed they were covered in bloody scratches. My eyes welled up in tears as my fresh wounds burned with the contact of air. Trying to push myself off the pavement, my palms burned and ached causing my arms to tremble.

I cried out in agony as I forced myself off the ground, my entire body in shambles. The ground shook under me, letting me know the monster was way closer than before. My legs trembled and my body swayed from the shaking. Preparing myself to run, I let out a grunt and pushed myself forward.

C'mon [Name], I can't let it get me.

My lungs felt like they were on fire as I tried to quicken my pace. My chest rising up and down rapidly as I sounded like a squealing pig running from the slaughter.

I was exhausted. I knew I couldn't go on more, but I pushed whatever ounce of energy I had left as my legs trembled. They were going to give out on me soon.

The ruby-yellowish eyed monster was right on my tail. It's tongue could probably knock me over. I know I ain't faster than it, but if running gives me a little longer to live then I might as well keep going.

And just like it read my thoughts, the monster swiped its webbed-paw on some debris that was on what used to be the street.

Suddenly, my world went quiet. It was dark.

My vision was filled with spots. Everything was blurry. It felt like someone put a bucket over my head. Why can't I hear properly? What happened?

Groaning in pain, I shook my head to see if it would help with my messed up senses.

Taking a look around me, my eyes widened as I saw my right leg was crushed by a broken piece of a building. That's when the scorching pain kicked in. It felt like someone had stabbed me repeatedly below my thigh.

I cried out in pain. Hoping that someone may hear me. That maybe there's a God above who will come down and save me. But this is reality.

The ground beneath me shook, so did the debris in the street and the one on my leg. Tears built up in my eyes. My leg felt like someone had poured lava on it. How did I not faint from the pain?

Something above me had growled. I froze. Tilting my head up slowly, my eyes widened in horror. It felt like all the air inside my lungs had left.

Staring back at me was the
yellow-stained ruby eyed monster towering over me.

Time slowed down. Goosebumps riddled my body, my entire body turning ice cold. It felt like my heart was gonna burst my eardrums by how loud it was beating. In slow motion, the monster opened its mouth, revealing its many pointy teeth.

Is this it? Is this how my story ends?

The monster's mouth was leaning towards me. I couldn't do anything. Any second now I was gonna die. No one would even know that I was one of the many people who died this day.

I have no one to say goodbye to. It's just been me here. No friends, no family..

Wait, but.. there's-

A loud ringing pierced my ears. Huge flashes blinded me. I felt heat extinguish from all directions. I don't know what's happening.

Did I die? Did they seriously send me to Hell?

No.

Shaking my head, I realized my hearing and vision was becoming normal again. Don't know how that helps but it does.

A figure in a black suit was blasting through the air. Grumbles of pain coming from the monster. Its skin was scorched everywhere on its body.

Shouts of profanities came from the person in the black suit.

A hero..? Will I get to see the sun rise another day..?

My body ached. Now that I was at ease from the hero, I finally felt how exhausted I truly was. I didn't want to pass out, but I couldn't fight it. I don't know if I'll wake up alive or be forever stuck unconscious.

Flashes of black irritated my vision. My head nodding off ever so slowly. As I took a final look around, I noticed the lights inside of the buildings flashing.

W..What?

I don't want to die. Please.

Those were my final thoughts as my eyes rolled to the back of my head. My body going limp.

Finally, my body laid to rest.

-

☆ I hope y'all enjoyed. I wonder who that mystery person is?

Should be I writing "you" or "I" :')