Chapter 7: Find The Truth

Jungkook's pov

I purposely stayed out late so I could actually get in contact with my dad. I texted Hoseok to meet me in the park to talk about it. He responded quickly and said he'd meet me there in 15. I was already nervous since I was gonna reach out to my father, and it didn't help that my mom was blowing up my phone.

Mom:

Tuesday, 9:15pm

Jungkook? Why did Mr. Kim contact me saying you quit? That's not an option for you. Get home NOW.

Mom:

Tuesday, 9:20pm

GET HOME NOW!

I had already made it to the park and I was sitting on the bench, waiting for Hoseok. The moon was out and super bright, only showing half of itself. The temperature has been dropping since winter is approaching, and most if not all of the trees were bare in Mangwon Hangang park. Nobody was really out at this time of the day, considering the fact that it is now dusk. It's pretty out, though. The street lights reflected the shadows of the trees and nature, along with buildings near the entire park. As much as I hate being outside, this park is somewhere I've always felt comforted.

"Hey Kook." I hear from the distance. Hoseok is standing next to me and I jump up to join him.

"Hey..."

Hoseok grabs my face. Not in a harsh way, but more lovingly and concerned. "What happened?"

"I...sort of flipped out on Namjoon and I quit."

"Really? Holy shit, Kook. That's badass."

I can't help but laugh but it fades quickly. Hoseok notices.

"Tell me what's wrong, Kookie."

He knows that's my weakness.

"I...wanna get in contact with my dad. Let's text him and see what he says."

Hoseok claps. "Yes, finally! C'mon, let's do it now!"

Hoseok takes my phone and makes an account for me with a selfie of mine. "That way he'll know he's talking to his son."

I chuckle. "Yeah, that's pretty important."

After the account is made, he follows my dad and goes straight to the messages. Hoseok hands me back the phone. "Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

I decide to leave a paragraph for him since he could be busy.

Jungkook: Hey, Mr. Jeon. It's me...your son Jungkook. I know you live in America now and you probably have forgotten about me, but I haven't forgotten about you. Mom tried to feed me all of these lies that you were a bad father, and that your use of drugs broke apart our family, but I know she cheated on you. I know that's the real reason you left. For the longest time, I blamed you. Maybe even myself for thinking I drove you away. I know the truth now, and honestly, I'm not mad or upset with you. I'm happy you started anew, but something has always felt empty about our home. You're not here—and now mom is about to remarry some douchebag. I know there's nothing you can do about it, but I really do miss you. Ever since you left i've been mad and sort of went down a dark path. Not anything too extreme. Just messing around. I got expelled from my high school in Busan, thus, why we moved to Seoul. I also think mom wanted to move because the house reminded her too much of you. I don't know for sure. But anyways, I almost got sent to jail recently because of a fight a teacher got involved in, and mom had to pay out of pocket for it. I still really feel bad about it, but it got me a new job working for this billionaire as an assistant. It's pretty boring, and I potentially got fired today. It's a whole long story, dad. Anyways, my friend and I found your Facebook and I'm praying to GOD that this is the correct Jeon. Thanks for reading, and here, I'll insert some pics of me so you can see what I look like now. P.S... some of these are older (a few years ago, I'll explain what's happening in the pics :)) )