Chapter 8: Principal's Letter

Jungkook's pov

The next morning my mom and I weren't talking. She invited her fiancé back over and what's even worse, he brought his shit over. He's actually moving in.

The whole time at breakfast they were being all lovey-dovey with each other and it was disgusting. Lee kept shooting me looks like he wanted to say something to me, but I just kept my mouth shut. I didn't have the energy to start something this morning.

"Jungkook...after school make sure you head over to Kim Enterprise. Apologize to Mr. Kim and tell him you didn't mean what you said yesterday."

I nod, not making eye contact. The second I can get out of this house, the better.

"Your mother is speaking to you, son. What are you supposed to say?"

I squint my eyes. "Don't call me 'son'. I'm not your fucking son."

My mom lets out an exhausted sigh. "Jungkook, stop it now."

Lee agrees like his opinion matters. "Yes, exactly. This marriage is happening, Jungkook. You better start accepting it."

"Bye." I say, tossing my napkin on the empty plate. I hear them whispering behind me as I'm leaving.

★★★★★

Hoseok freaked out as soon as I told him my dad responded. He wanted to know every single detail.

"Just read the messages!" I laugh out, handing him my phone.

"He never forgot you! I told you!"

I laugh some more while trying to finish my lunch.

Hoseok continues to read the messages between my dad and I. We messaged quite a bit last night. We talked about our interests and plans for the future. I told him more about my how mom is planning to remarry and about her douchebag boyfriend/fiancé. My dad said he didn't agree with it at all and even offered for me to visit him in Cali. He said he'd pay for my ticket, which means I didn't need to bother Hoseok about the money. He seemed to show a lot of compassion and let me know multiple times he still cared for me and loved me. He hadn't remarried, but he did adopt a child. I asked him about this, and assumed maybe that was the reason his bio said 'father'. He responded saying it was for me and the baby.

"He seems like a sweet man. I know you're excited to visit him."

I smile, taking my phone back. "I am."

We continued to talk until lunch ended for the day.

School ended finally and I was texting dad while sitting on the train. He gave me his actual phone number so that we could text, and he could call me if he really wanted.

Jungkook: I'm heading to work, actually.

Dad: Oh really? Okay son, we can talk later if you'd like.

Jungkook: No it's fine, I haven't gotten there yet. We can still talk.

Dad: Okay. So when do you think you can fly out? I'm sure your mother is going to make it difficult for you.

Jungkook: I wouldn't be surprised if she did. I'll figure something out.

Dad: Okay, son. I'm always here if you need me. You know that.