Chpt.10:Bruno's Second Vision

(SUSPENSEFUL MUSIC PLAYING)
(RAT SQUEAKING)
(CREAKING)
(RATTLING, CRUMBLING)
(RAT SQUEAKS)
(GASPS)
(THUNDER RUMBLES)
(GASPS)
(PANTS)
Hey!
(DRAMATIC MUSIC PLAYING)
(PANTING)
Camilo:It's okay, mami.Deep breath in, deep breath out.
Moana:Breathe mrs Pepa.
(GASPS)
(GRUNTING)
Moana:Are you okay Camilo?
[Inside the house walls]
Mirabel:Stop!Stop!
(GASPING)
(GRUNTING)
(YELPS)
Mirabel:(GASPS) No! No!Help! Help...Casita! Casita! (PANTING)Help me!Help me!
(GASPING)
Bruno:You're very sweaty. (GRUNTS)
(SCREAMS)
Mirabel:(GASPS) Oh, no!
Hmm.
(LIGHT MUSIC PLAYING)
Bruno:Bye.
Mirabel:What?No. Hold on! Wait! Wait!
(THUD)
Mirabel:Ow.Why did you take the vision?
Bruno:Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock. Knock on wood.
MIRABEL: What does it mean?
(INHALES SHARPLY)
Mirabel:Is it why you came back or...
(EXHALES DEEPLY)
Mirabel:Tío Bruno?
Bruno:Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock. Knock on wood.You were never supposed to see that vision. No one was.
Mirabel:But...
Bruno:A little salt.[throws salt] Sugar.[throws sugar]
(SPITS)
(BRUNO SPEAKING SPANISH)
MIRABEL:(IN ENGLISH) Wait.Have you been in here patching the cracks?
Bruno:Oh, that? No, no, no.I'm too scared to go near those things.All the patching's done by Hernando.
Mirabel:Who is Hernando?
Bruno:(IN DEEP VOICE) I'm Hernando and I'm scared of nothing!(IN NORMAL VOICE) It's actually me. (CHUCKLES)I used to say my real Gift was "acting." (CHUCKLES)(IN ALTERED VOICE) I'm Jorge. I make the spackle.
Mirabel:How long have you been back here?
(SQUEAKING)
Mirabel:You never left.
Bruno:Well, I left my tower, which was, you know, a lot of stairs and here, eh, kitchen adjacent. (CLICKS TONGUE)Ooh, ooh, plus, free entertainment.
So, what do you like? You like sports?Game shows? Telenovelas?
(RATS SQUEALING)
Bruno:Their love could never be.
Mirabel:I don't understand.
Bruno:Well, because she's his aunt and she has amnesia so she can't remember that she's his aunt.
It's like a very forbidden kind of...
Mirabel:I don't understand why you left, but didn't leave.
Bruno:Oh, well, because, huh, the mountains around the encanto are pretty tall.And, uh, like I said, free food and everything.You guys love the free food, don't ya?Always hungry. Never satisfied.
(MELANCHOLY MUSIC PLAYING)Yeah, my Gift wasn't helping the family, but, uh, I love my family, you know?I just don't know how to... I just don't know how to...Well, anyway, I think you should go, because, um, I don't really have a good reason, but, if I did, you'd be like, "I should go, because that's a good reason."
Mirabel:Why was I in your vision?Tío Bruno? I just wanted to make the family proud of me. Just once.
But if I should stop, if I'm hurting my family, just tell me.
Bruno:I can't tell you...
(MIRABEL SIGHS)
Bruno:...because I don't know.I had this vision the night that you didn't get your Gift.Abuela worried about the magic.So, she begged me to look into the future.See what it meant.And I saw the magic in danger.Our house breaking.And then, and then, and then, I saw you.But the vision was different. It... it would change.And there was no one answer. No clear fate.Like your future was undecided.But I knew how it was gonna look.I knew what everyone would think because I'm Bruno and everyone always assumes the worst, so...(SIGHS) so...
Mirabel:You left to protect me?
Bruno:I don't know which way it'll go, but my guess... the family, the encanto and the fate of the miracle itself...Well, it's all gonna come down to you.
Or maybe I'm wrong.You know, it's a mystery. That's why this vision is...
(BLOWS RASPBERRY)Look, if I could help any more, I would, but that's all I know.Good luck. I wish I could've seen more.
Mirabel:Yeah.Yeah.
[Mirabel kicks the door open]
(YELPS)
Mirabel:You wish you could have seen more, so see more!Have another vision.
Bruno:Oh. No, no. See, I don't do visions anymore.
Mirabel:But you could.
Bruno:But I won't.
Mirabel:You can't say the weight of the world is on your shoulders. The end.If our fate's up to me, me says have another vision.Maybe it'll show me what to do.
Bruno:Look, even if I wanted to, which I don't, you wrecked my vision cave.Which is a problem, 'cause I need a big open space.
Mirabel:We'll find one.
Bruno:Where?
ANTONIO: Use my room.
Moana:[waves] Hi!
Antonio:The rats kinda told us everything.
[Jaguar tries to eat the mice]
Antonio:Don't eat those.
Mirabel:Oh, Moana this is my tio Bruno.
Moana:He doesn't look evil to me.Nice to meet you Bruno!
Mirabel:Our family needs help, and you need to get outta here.
Moana:She's not wrong.
(RATS SQUEAKING)
Bruno:Meh.
(RUMBLING)
(KIDS GASP, PANT)
Abuela:You should have told me the second you saw the vision!Think of the family.
Augustín:I was thinking of my daughter!
[wind blows]
Abuela:Pepa, calm down!
Pepa:I'm doing my best!
Félix:Yes.
Pepa:You're lucky it's not a hurricane!
Julieta:Mamá, you've always been too hard on Mirabel.
Abuela:Look around.We must protect our family, our encanto.We cannot lose our home!
(DOOR OPENS)
Villager:Señora, perdon.People in town are becoming anxious about the magic.They want to see you.
Abuela:(SIGHS) Mirabel was in that vision for a reason.Find her.
[Cut to Mirabel, Bruno and Moana in Antonio's room]
(RUMBLING)
(BIRDS SQUAWKING)
Mirabel:We might wanna hurry.
Bruno:You can't hurry the future.Um... (CHUCKLES) What if I show you something worse?If I see something that you don't like, you're gonna be all, "Bruno makes bad things happen. Oh, he's creepy and his vision killed my goldfish."
Mirabel:I don't think you make bad things happen.
Sometimes family weirdos just get a bad rap.You can do this.
Moana:Yeah, my mother and father always told me to believe in myself even when I'm different from everyone else.All you have to do is believe Bruno.
[Antonio hands his jaguar plushy to Bruno]
Antonio:For the nerves.
(GROWLS SOFTLY)
Bruno:I can do this. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.
(SOFT MUSIC PLAYING)
(WIND BLOWING)
(BREATHES DEEPLY)
(WIND WHISTLING)
Bruno:You girls might wanna hang on.
(DRAMATIC MUSIC PLAYING)
(CHITTERING)
(PEOPLE EXCLAIM)
BRUNO: It's just the same thing. I gotta stop!
Mirabel:No.We need to know which way it goes.There's gotta be an answer.Something we're not seeing!
Moana:We have to keep looking!
Bruno:You're both looking at the same thing that I am.If there was something else...
[Mirabel suddenly sees a butterfly]
Mirabel:There! Over there!
Moana:A butterfly?
BRUNO: Butterfly!Follow the butterfly!
Mirabel:Where is that?
BRUNO: (HESITATING) It's all out of order.It's the candle. The candle's getting brighter! I think you're are gonna help the candle!
Mirabel:How?
Bruno:Uh, there's someone with you. And you...You fight her!
Mirabel:What?
Bruno:Wait, no, no. Is that a hug?
Mirabel:Am I fighting or hugging?
Moana:That looks more like a hug!
Bruno:An embrace. An embrace! To make the candle bright you have to embrace her.
Mirabel:Embrace who?
BRUNO: Oh... Almost there.
Mirabel:Who is it?
Moana:Maybe it's your Abuela, Mirabel.
Bruno:Almost there. Oh, oh.I got it!
[Suddenly a figure of Isabela appears Mirabel and Moana were shocked]
Mirabel/Moana(INCREDULOUSLY) Isabela?!
[Sand stops]
Bruno:Oh, your sister? That's great!
Mirabel:(GROWLS)
Bruno:(SIGHS) Every time.
(VISION SHATTERS)
Moana:This is gonna be difficult.