Chpt.15:Queen Valentina's Plan

(Fade to Queen Valentina's castle, throne room. The Queen is standing before the Magic Mirror holding the box she gave to Humbert)
Valentina: Magic Mirror on the wall, who now is the fairest one of all?
Magic Mirror: Over the seventh jeweled hills, beyond the seventh fall, in the house of the Madrigals, dwells Moana, fairest one of all.
Valentina:Moana lies dead in the forest. The Huntsman has brought me proof. (opens the box) Behold, her heart.
Magic Mirror: Moana yet lives, the fairest in the land. 'Tis the heart of a pig you hold in your hand.
Queen Valentina: The heart of a pig?! Then I've been tricked!
(Valentina marches down a spiral staircase into the basement. As she reaches the end, she goes through a door into a secluded laboratory. Sitting on a skull is Valentina's pet, a crow, who awakens with a start as the Queen locks the door behind her)
Valentina: The heart of a pig! The blundering fool! (throws the lock-box down in frustration) I'll go myself to the Madrigal's house in a disguise so complete no one will ever suspect. (reaches on a bookshelf and takes one titled "Disguises") Now, a formula to transform my beauty into ugliness, change my queenly raiment to a peddler's cloak.
(Valentina turns to a page titled "Peddler's Disguise". The ingredients are Mummy Dust, Black of Night, Old Hag's Cackle and Shriek of Fright)
Valentina: Mummy dust to make me old. To shroud my clothes, the Black of Night.
(She takes a vial of black liquid adds a drop to a glass at what appears to be distilled water, turning it black)
Valentina:To age my voice, an Old Hag's Cackle.
(She turns a burner under a vial of red liquid to high, causing it to boil over and flow into the glass, a cackling laugh filling the air as it does so)
Valentina:To whiten my hair, a Shriek of Fright.
(She turns a handle on a rusty-looking container and green liquid pours out from inside while a ghostly clouds lets out a loud, anguished shriek)
Valentina:A blast of wind....
(as she says this, a sudden gust fills the room)
Valentina:To fan my hate! A thunderbolt....
(a bolt of thunder strikes against the potion, making it fizz)
Valentina: To mix it well. Now, begin thy magic spell.
(Valentina takes the glass and drinks down every single drop of the potion. Suddenly, she drops the glass on the floor, clutching her throat and gasping for air as the room starts to spin. Her transformation begins with her hair, flailing about as it turns white. Then, she looks at her hands as they suddenly start to turn clawed and bony)
Valentina:Look! My hands!
(A few moments later,Valentina eventually says something while her transformation finishes its curse)
Valentina: (cracked voice) My voice! My voice! (cackling)
(She reveals her new appearance; a skeletal, witchy-looking hag with a warty nose and pasty-white hair in a jet-black cloak)
Valentina: A perfect disguise.
(She cackles once more as the absolutely terrified crow falls into a skull)
Valentina:And now...a special sort of death for one so fair. (leafs through a spellbook) What shall it be? AH!!(her shout frightens the crow so many, he falls behind his perch)
Valentina:A poisoned apple! "Sleeping Death". Ha ha ha ha ha ha! (reading) "One taste of the Poisoned Apple, and the victim's eyes will close forever in the Sleeping Death."
(Fade to Valentina's castle, laboratory.Valentina is dipping an apple dangling by a string into a cauldron)
Valentina: Dip the apple in the brew. Let the Sleeping Death seep through.
(After the apple is covered in the brew, she fishes it out and a skull forms on it, signifying its now-tainted state)
Valentina: Look, on the skin! The symbol at what lies within. Now turn red to tempt Moana to make her hunger for a bite. HAVE A BITE!!
(The waves hit the raven; he gets up and gasps at what he sees in front of him)
Valentina:It's not for you. It's for Moana.Once she breaks the tender peel to taste the apple in my hand, her breath will still, her blood congeal. Then I'll be fairest in all of the land! (cackles triumphantly) But wait! There may be an antidote. Nothing must be overlooked.(she scrolls through her spell book again and finds out there is, on page 33, an antidote)
Valentina: Oh! Here it is! (reading) "The victim of the Sleeping Death can be revived only by Love's First Kiss." "Love's First Kiss". Bah! No fear of that. The Madrigals will think she's dead. She'll be buried alive! (cackles) Buried alive!
(Valentina cackles once more as she heads out of the castle lab and into the dungeon. There, in a cell before her, is the skeleton of a dead prisoner reaching for a pitcher)
Valentina: (to the skeleton) Thirsty? (chuckles and kicks the pitcher towards the skeleton) Have a drink!
(The skeleton falls apart, and a spider crawls out of the pitcher, revealed to be empty. Then Valentina gets in a boat and rows out of the castle and into a fog. Then the evil witch trudges through the high grass toward the Madrigals home, eager to carry out the plan that will mean the entire demise of the unaware princess)