25. Bye, love you-

Chaerin sighed in relief as she saw her phone ring. After what seemed like endless missed calls, he finally responded. "Jungkook, are you all right?", she immediately asked picking up the call.

"I am fine", he curtly replied.

"Why did you not pick up my calls then ass", she scoffed. "Do you even know how worked up I was? And whats with your messenger? You couldn't even reply there?"

"Where are you right now", he asked. Chaerin was surprised as he chose not to respond to any of her words and skipped to something else. "I am home. Where else am I going to be?"

"I need to talk to you. Can you come to my apartment? I'll meet you there", he replied.

My apartment. He called it my apartment. Not ours.

"Is everything all right Jungkook? Why do you sound like you are angry and upset?"

"I am not", he said. "Just try and come asap. I will probably be on the terrace. I'll see you then. Bye"

"Bye. Love you—"

Chaerin looked at her phone as the beep noise came like the call had been already put. Something seemed really off or else why would we be this abrupt. She decided not to overthink this and instead clear it out with him.

When Chaerin arrived at Jungkook's apartment, he was standing in the terrace of the penthouse looking at the view in the distance. "Kookie", she called out to him and he turned back. He looked tired. Like he hadn't slept. "Where were you the past two days?"

"I was busy. Caught up with my family. I had some stuff I needed to take care off"

"And?", the woman shot back. "It takes a minute to ring up someone and tell this. And even less time to send a quick message. You want me to believe that you couldn't spare 5 minutes to let me know you were caught up? You know I am not that obsessive kind of girlfriend that wants a log of every minute you spend. But that doesn't mean you can make me worry by going AWOL...Come up with better excuses Jungkook"

The man sighed as he looked down. "I said what I said. You are free to believe what you want to. I was indeed caught up and no it did not even cross my mind that I should let you know"

Chaerin was stunned and hurt by his words. She just kept looking at him unable to figure what had gone wrong.

"Anyways that's not what I called you here for. We need to talk. Talk about us"

An omniscient feeling was creeping over the woman. Like she could sense the outcome of this conversation wasn't the best.

"Chaerin I think...", he began taking a deep sigh. "I think we should call it quits"

The woman's whole world came crashing down as she heard this. For a minute she couldn't even process anything that was said to her. Her mind went completely blank and numb. A few seconds she collected herself, hoping that this was probably him messing around to tease her.

"Jungkook, what? Why? Wait, are you trying to pull a prank or something?", she scoffed. "Is this Jimin's doing? I know because he was teasing me a few days ago saying you listen to everything he says and he could make you break up with me if he wanted", with that she chuckled. "If this is the prank you both are executing, then stop! And Jimin if you are around come the fuck out"

Jungkook didn't say anything but kept staring at her blankly. "This is not a prank", he said. "We need to reflect on where this relationship is going"

"Eh Jungkook, enough with the acting. We get it you are good at everything. Now come on, don't joke about things like these", she slapped his arm.