10. Okay

3rd P. POV:
And so their breakfast date went on. They ate, shared a conversation, shared laughter and smiles, but above all, they shared love.

Ian's POV:
"So, what are we doing today?" She asked a bit hesitantly. "Nothing." I said as I locked my studio. I decided it was best to sleep here since no one really bothers me here nor barges in. Plus, I gotta use the room I got. I didn't pay all that money for nothing.
  "What do you mean? Like, nothing, just a couple of things or nothing nothing?" She said. "Nothing nothing. I know we both haven't slept well in so long and this is the perfect place to sleep peacefully." I said settling everything into it's place 
  "Chris, this is your studio." She said in a confused tone. "Did you forget I have a room here?" I asked with a small chuckled. "Oh my god! That's so true." She said as she covered her mouth at the sudden epiphany.
"Make yourself comfy. I'm going to take a shower real quick and I'll be right back, okay?" I said. She nodded and laid on the bed. I gave her head a peck and headed to the bathroom within the bedroom. Once inside, I placed my belongings on the rack and proceeded to enter the tub. 
  I opened the cold water first and then the hot one. Soon, the water was the right temperature so I rested my head on the head rest. My eyes fluttered shut and my mind started racing to a few moments ago. My knuckles crashing against his face; Leaving bruises and minor cuts on his cheeks. 
  Unknowingly, tears started streaming down my cheeks. It wasn't the act that hurt. It was who did it. How he turned cold and indifferent towards everyone. He was a bit selfish, but literally the most minimal. What changed in him remains a mystery until now. Up in surface was hatred, but deep down were the best of wishes and hope. Hope, that one day he will be the same Dabin I knew. 
  Suddenly, my mind flew back to a memory of when we were teens. DPR had already been founded and we lived together in a small apartment. I remember buying meat with money I earned cleaning a neighbor's house. I remember coming home from the studio after a long day and I went directly towards the fridge only to find the meat completely gone. 
  Soon, I asked everyone and everyone pointed at Dabin. So I went to his room and found him eating my steak. His eyes widened and I took no second thought before launching myself at him and starting a fight. We punched each other and only stopped because Scott interfered. Dabin had a busted lip and a slightly bruised cheek, while I walked away clean faced. 
   "You still suck ass." I muttered with a small laugh at the memory. Something within me told me better days would come and I truly believe in my intuition. I just hope that by then it isn't too late for either of us. That small reminiscence made me very hopeful.
  "I hope you change. You know I love you, even when you're a bitch sometimes." I said to the memory. "Chris? Are you okay?" I heard her speak from outside. "Yeah. Do you need anything?" I asked. "No. I was just worried you might've hurt yourself." She spoke gently. And I then remembered why I loved her. 
   "I'm alright. No need to worry, love." I said with a small smile. "Will you take any longer?" She asked. "I'm almost done." I spoke as I sped up to finish. "I'll find us a movie in the meantime." She spoke before I heard her walk away. I let my head fall into the headrest once more and let out a sigh.
   Part of me wanted to forget today and bail Dabin out, but the other half knew he deserved it and that Dabin probably hated me. I was wishing to be in good terms with everyone, but that is impossible for me apparently.  
   It was bothering me to know that he was going to be incarcerated for a while, so I grabbed my phone and called the station. "How can we help you?" They spoke from the other line. "I wanted to see the status of a friend of mine." I spoke. "Name please?" "Dabin Hong." I spoke. 
    "He's was taken in 2 hours ago. We normally don't have any information at this time mark, but because he has 4 charges against him, his case is going quite fast." Yeah fucking right. He's a fucking artist and he can get out in a blink of a fucking eye. Been there, done that.
     "Could you tell me what charges are being pressed?" I said while rubbing my face in desperation. "Domestic violence, Property Damage, Assault and Battery. By the looks of it, his record isn't helping him." They spoke. "Come again?" I said in disbelief. According to me, this would be Dabin's first time in jail. 
    "Look son, I'm not supposed to disclose any information like this, but he's been calling himself all kinds of things since he got here, so I'm going to tell you the truth." They paused. "He's looking at 4 to 6 years in prison. His previous battery charge and the unpaid speeding tickets are not helping. If he's lucky, he'll get 4 years and 1 of probation, but you need to get an attorney that knows the game left and right blindfolded." They spoke in a uneasy voice. 
    "Fuck." I mouthed as I rubbed my forehead. "Do you think they'll set a bail for him?" I asked. "Not impossible, but not easy either." They spoke truthfully. "Thank you very much. Can I ask for an immense favor?" I asked. "I can try to help." They spoke. "Can you let him know that Ian is willing  to help?" I requested.
   "I'll try to deliver the message. " They spoke with a sigh. "Thank you vey much." I said before hanging up. I let out a heavy sigh and rubbed my face for the millionth time. How the fuck was this not the first time he went to jail? How did I not notice?
   I decided I didn't want to think of the topic much longer, so I finished up and dried myself. I grabbed a pair of boxers and threw them on before putting on my robe. Besides Dabin's problem, that I now made myself responsible for, my mental health is crashing once more. Only this time, much harder than before. I know I'm struggling, but he needs me. And she does too. What's a little longer?

wassup:p Been pretty busy with life ngl, so sorry if I'm all over the place with this one.- Ash:):