part 2 : New Beginnings

Anupama: 'Thanks Anuj, mere saath yaha aane ke liye.'

Anuj: 'Come on Anu, I told you meri bahut saari yaadein judi hai is mandir se. So, Thank you mujhe yaha lane ke liye'

Anupama: 'thodi der yaha stairs pe baithe, waise bhi chhuti ka din hain aaj.' Thinking aaj ke bad hum dono ki aur bhi yaadein jud jayengi is mandir se.

Like last time, they both sat at same place and both are reminded of their last conversation. Anupama recalls how Anuj had told her about the reason behind his being single so far. Now she knows, why he could never love anyone else in his life, as he could never ever forget her.

Anuj, recalls how broken Anupama was, emotionally drained and exhausted after being cheated. She was scared and didn't have any iota of strength left in her to even contemplate a second chance. Little did he knew, that Kanhaji was her constant never-ending source of strength, who provided her all the strength she needs to fight every battle and have a second chance at love.

Anupama looks at Anuj, thinks he is her kanhaji, who has been her rock, her support system, has stood beside her in every battle. And it's because of him, today she is ready to give his love, her life a second chance. She corrects herself, nope, this is not a second chance. There was no love in her earlier relationship. One person cannot hold both sides in a relationship, if they do its support not love. Anuj is her love, her first love, a relation between equals, where both support, respect, and care for each other.

*********

Anupama: 'Anuj yaad hai jab hum yaha pichli baar aaye the. Aur who do ladkiya, kaise bol rahi thi. Haye, kitna handsome hai. Mujhe aisa ladka mil jaye to main abhi isi mandir main phere le lu'

Anuj: 'Come on Anupama, mat bolo na awkward lagta hai'

Anupama: 'Aap ko to khush hona na chahiye, ki koi aap ko pasand karta hai. Is main awkward feel karne ki kya baat hai. Sach kahu to aap ko shaadi kar leni chahiye, har kisi ko ek saathi ki zaroorat hoti hai'

Anuj: 'Anu, tum sab janti ho. Phir bhi ye sab kyu bol rahi hu'

Anupama: 'Sahi bol rahi hu, maine kaha na, aap kise pasand nahi aayenge.'

Anuj: 'bol du'

Anupama: 'haan'

Anuj: 'pakka, bol du'

Anupama: 'haan please, har baar ki tarah 'phir kabhi' mat boliyega'.

Anuj has been observing the change in Anupama since last few months. He had some doubts but never gave himself any umeed, never crossed any lines. Today, in front of Kanhaji, he felt he should ask her again. They are friends, whatever be her answer, she will understand and respect him. "Kanhaji, dhyaan rakh jo", he looks at idols as if taking their permission and blessings.

Anuj: 'Anupama, tumne abhi kaha, main kise pasand nahi aaunga'

Anupama: 'haan, sach hai'

Anuj: 'To phir Anu, kya tum mujhse shaadi karungi'

***********

Anuj moved his hands behind, fingers crossed, quickly looked up and prayed. That little umeed which was hidden away, crept up and reached his heart, his eyes. However, he couldn't look at her face, didn't knew her answer, how would she react. So, he turned his face and focused on RadhaKrishna idol while waiting for his Anu to reveal what's in her heart.

Anupama knew this was coming and wanted him to ask this question. She had mentally pictured this scene so many times and thought she will be able to speak when the time comes. But now, in this moment, she felt tongue tied partly because she felt she didn't deserve this man, he is too good, just like her kanhaji. And partly because, imaging about a scene in mind but being there in reality are different. Speaking your heart out, laying out all your feelings bare in front of another person was different experience. All her life, she only listened to other feelings, helped them, never ever she had a person with whom she can share all her feelings.

She looked at Kanhaji to give her the strength, to bless her for this next step in her life. Then she looked at Anuj, this time she can read his face like a book, the way he was looking at Kanhaji praying, how badly he wants her answer. Yet at same time knew, how he will respect her, adore her, no matter what her answer be.

************

Anupama: 'Haan'

Anuj unable to believe what he heard; it was just one word. One word that would change his life forever. One word, he has been waiting for last 26 years. Still unable to believe and wanting to hear the sound of that word again; he turned to Anupama, looked in her eyes, his eyes full of hope this time and asked again 'kya kaha tumne'

Anupama: 'Haan'

Anuj couldn't believe what he just heard; it was as if the earth beneath him had moved. Slowly, a smile came on his face which only became bigger every passing moment and reached his eyes. Unable to control himself, he jumped from his place and came near Anupama. He came towards her side, standing and asked her again looking in her eyes.

Anuj: 'Anupama sach kaho, kya tum mujh se shaadi karogi'

Anupama: 'Haan, Anuj main aapse shaadi karongi'

This is all he ever wanted to hear, had been waiting for last 26 years. But he needed to be sure, very sure, he wants her happiness. Nothing matters to him more than her happiness. If she is happy, his whole world is happy.

Anuj: 'Anupama, tum sach main.. I mean tum khud ye chahti ho. Dekho main nahi chahta ki tum kisi ke bhi, baa, bapuji, samaj kisi ke bhi dabav main aa kar kuch karo. Mere liye tum, tumhari khushi sab se zyada important hai. Isliye please, sach sach bolo, ki tum kya chahti ho'

Anupama stood up from where she was sitting, looked in his eyes. They were standing close, looking at each other, oblivious to the surrounding.

Anupama: 'Anuj, main aap ko chahti hu, sirf aap ko chahti hu. Jitna pyaar aur izzat aap meri karte hai, utna shayad koi kisi ko na kar sakte. Us se thoda kaam, par main bhi aap se bohot bohot bohot pyaar karti hu. Kya aap mujhe apna Life Partner banayenge'

Anuj unable to control his feelings moved closer put his arms around and lifted Anupama off the ground, twirled and twirled and twirled, around in happiness screaming in excitement 'yes, yes, yes'.

Anupama: 'Anuj, kya kar rahe hai, neeche utariye mujhe, log dekh rahe hai, hum mandir main hai'

Being made aware of the surroundings, feeling bit awkward, Anuj stopped and lowered her down. The moment, was something both never imagined yet prayed and hoped for. Anuj, started massaging his neck, looking elsewhere and then smiled at Anupama. Anupama, feeling shy too, totally aware of his gaze, smiled and kept looking down at ground.

**************

This the start of new beginning, keeping looking for more in the next update.