Blossom

I walked in the woods until I saw Ryan crying against a tree.

"I don't know what to do, I don't wanna be here, I don't wanna see death, I just wanna go home!"

I slowly walked to him.

"Ryan."

He looked at me.

"Tam...what're you doing here, your father could be looking for you?"

"He could be, but I don't care. Are you ok? Don't answer that, that was a stupid question...after all what happened tonight. My prediction was true, Father killed Master Chung."

"Prediction...are you psychic?"

"I think the more formal term for it is clairvoyance. Got it from my mother."

"Any predictions I should know about?"

"I hear a certain dwarf walking towards us. Hey Mudlap."

I turned around to see him not far from us.

"Go away, you've done enough!" Ryan yelled.

"What did he do?"

"He was bribed by Grillo to lure me to him the other day. Go away Mudlap!"

I was furious at the dwarf.

"You really needed some money huh, isn't that you, anything to earn a coin, even if it means PUTTING PEOPLE IN DANGER!?"

"I...I regret it Tamara, I really do."

"I know, you regretted it when you made me fall from a tree, I'm lucky Yun was there to catch me, or else I would be dead."

"Can we just drop the tree thing, the earful from your father's enough!"

"I'll be getting an earful from him when I go back home."

"What happened after I escaped?" Ryan asked.

I motioned Mudlap to gather around me and Ryan.

"I told him."

"Told him what?"

"My double life."

"No...no you didn't."

"He finally noticed my medallion and I confessed, he was bound to know eventually, I assured him I was still his little girl. Well that didn't work. He was upset that I betrayed him, we had a big argument, he hit me...he never hit me before. He asked me where he went wrong as a parent, my answer was a scream at the top of my lungs that he was the problem, I ran off as fast as I could and here I am."

"He'll be looking for you," Mudlap said.

"No, he'll order Grillo and the two dummies to look for me."

"I can't picture Komodo as a good father...I just can't," Ryan said.

"I've known Tam since she was little, Komodo may be a warlord but when it comes to fatherhood...especially without a mother in her life...he's protective of her...he cares for her."

"He doesn't care for me now," I said.

"What a bunch of nonsense, he loves you very much!"

"I had a vision this afternoon...if I say it I'll cry...after what happened tonight, it'll definitely happen!"

"Tell us," Ryan said.

"Ok, I'm gonna try not to cry..."

Then, Ryan held my hand, my cheeks felt very warm.

"We were fighting...each other...with our weapons...me and my own father."

Luckily, I didn't break down, I was kinda close.

"Ryan, did any of the Roos or Master Chung tell you about the lifesprings and Zubrium?"

"Elysia did when we all first met...oh Elysia..."

I hugged Ryan.

"I know Ryan...she's in a better place now, she died saving you."

After a few seconds, we let go.

"Oh Tam, what about the Zubrium?"

"The fact that Father was so much better before he started drinking that stuff, it has an effect on him, we've all seen it."

"Oh yes. Much better, do you mean he used to be...nice?"

"Up until now, that I told him about me being a warrior, he was great to me...a little crazy...but a great father...loving...the effects made me smile more than any other reaction, because it makes him silly, you know me, being a child. We were so close...now I don't know what to do. Him and his men will search all of Tao for me, if I go back, I don't know what he'll do to me."

"The Roos will protect you...I'll protect you."

Then, Ryan looked like he was gonna faint from his pink cheeks. Mudlap chuckled.

"I'll leave you too alone."

"You can just turn around for a few seconds," Ryan said.

Mudlap did so. I gave Ryan a quick kiss on the lips.

"You can look now," I said.

He turned around.

"Yeeeaahh, I think you two are a blossoming romance."

Suddenly, something popped in my head.

"I have an idea!"

That startled them.

"Sorry...I have an idea."

"What is it?" They asked.

"I wanna get back at Father, let's see if he really cares huh."

"Doing what?" Mudlap asked.

"Faking my own death."

"What!?"

"You heard me."

"How are you do that?" Ryan asked.

"Let me try something."

I walked to a tree, stomped and leaped all the way to the top. I closed my eyes, when I opened them, I saw myself, all me but it wasn't really me. I pushed her, she fell and landed on a rock.

"Tam!" They shouted.

I jumped back down. They were frozen in their places.

"I guess I inherited something other than physical traits from Father...multiplication."

"Cloning?" Ryan asked.

"Yep, come on, let's go to the Roos."

We left.