Chapter 20

Prophecy:

"The lost hero once back lost

powers will grow

heartbroken and lost the hero will be crossed

and to snow

the lost will bow"

----

I then turned to a hellhound, it's red eyes bore into my sea green ones. It growled at me and jumped at me. I dodged and threw the dagger into its eye. It wailed and jumped at me, I tried to dodge again, but the hound was quicker and ripped my arm. A big ugly gash bled through my shirt. I ran to the left and picked up a sword someone had lost, and impaled the hellhound's mouth when it attacked me again. It said a 'poof' sound and turned to gold dust. I spit out some dust I'd gotten in my mouth, it didn't taste any better the more you tried it. I turned around and decapitated an empousa, then I attacked a cyclops. I was a little hesitant, thinking about Tyson. I should probably go visit him? I haven't seen him in over a year. He was probably worried about me and- stupid ADHD! I shook my head and focused on the fight, I impaled the cyclops chest with the bronze sword, and quickly moved on to the next monster. I dodged, slashed, hacked, dodged, jumped, swung and impaled the monsters. Soon I was standing on Halfblood Hill fighting an empousa. There were a lot of those. I killed it and it turned into dust. Then I heard a familiar roar. I mentally cursed and saw the minotaur standing on the opposite side of Thalia's pine tree, scraping its foot against the ground like a bull. Well he was technically a bull. The minotaur roared again and began to run towards me. I lowered my sword and got ready to do as I did the first time I killed him.

When it was close enough I stepped to the side at the last second, and jumped onto his back, and pulled off one of its horns and stabbed him in the side. I landed on my feet when the minotaur turned to dust and had to spit out the dust that landed in my mouth. Gah! I hated the taste!

"Percy!" I turned around and saw Chiron who fired an arrow at a monster, pulverizing it, and then galloped over to me. "It's good to see you back." He smiled tiredly.

I smiled back. "I can't let my home get destroyed, now can I?" I shrugged. Even though they betrayed me I still couldn't let my home get destroyed. I did after all grow up here, I got my first friends here. My family.

"Well.. it's good to see you again." He smiled. "You've been missed, the campers are sorry about blaming you for Luke's death." He apologized, his voice filled with sadness. I nodded. He patted my shoulder quickly and then turned to a cyclops that was in the middle of killing a demigod. Next thing I knew the cyclops had been turned to dust. I raised my sword and quickly impaled a dracaena with the bronze blade. I heard a roar behind me and turned, but I was too slow and saw a griffin flying towards me with deadly speed. I tried to raise the sword to impale the flying monster, but it came too fast, and I was frozen in my spot. Suddenly out of nowhere a flying hammer surrounded by lightning slammed into the griffins head and knocked the creature to the ground, crushing its head under the hammer, and turning it to dust. I looked up and saw Thor smiling at me and then summoning his hammer, it quickly flew into his hand.

"It is great seeing you again, son of Jack!" Thor boomed and patted me on the back, really hard. He probably just meant it to be friendly, but it hurt. Thor's loud voice and enthusiasm made a few heads turn towards us, and demigods so as the Avengers widened their eyes when they saw me. I smiled my famous lopsided grin and scratched the back of my neck.

"Well.. it's good to be back, even though there's a fight." I said and smiled at Thor.

"Always been the hero." He shook his head and slammed his hammer into the head of a gorgon. Was that Stheno? The gorgon's death seemed to bring everyone out of their daze by my returning, and everyone quickly returned to fighting the enemy. I looked around and found a target. Deimos. The God of Terror were still fighting Annabeth Chase, but she didn't seem to have the upper hand anymore, she had an ugly gash across her right arm and were she limping? I dodged a gorgon's fangs and slashed at it and raised my sword and began to run towards Deimos. I stopped a few feet behind him, and quickly gained my breath. I was not in good physical shape! I raised my sword, it wasn't Riptide, but I didn't have her, so I had to live with this one. I raised the sword and took a deep breath, then I yelled at him.