Cleaning shoes

Ryan's POV:

Today I'm helping Barbie go through her closet, I have known her for years and yet her closet is bigger than any relationship I've ever had. We were talking about it the other day and we both decided that Me, Barbie, Ken, and Raquelle were going to meet up and go thought it together.

So, there I was standing outside of her door waiting for her to open it. The door opened and I was greeted with a warm welcome from her, "Ryan! Welcome, the others are already inside." We walked side by side in and I swear my heart skipped a beat when I saw Ken.

I don't like him, but damn he looked good today.

"Ryan! Dude nice to see you again" Ken said while fist bumping me. "Hey... I guess" Raquelle said in an annoyed voice. "Hey'o" I said back to them.

"It's been a while sinse last time we all met up!" Barbie squealed. Ken and I as Raquelle rolled her eyes, as usual.

I clapped as I said "Okay! Let's get into it." "Ryan's right. I made a plan, Ryan and Ken go through my shoes and Me and Raquelle go through my dresses. After that we meet here again, and we choose what to do that."

Everyone answered with 'mhm' and 'yes' and we got going. Me and ken shoulder by shoulder walking into her giant closet probably bigger than my house if im honest.

"So where do we start?" Ken asked me as we had just walked into the shoe section looking at the giant hallway filled with at least 500 shoes Infront of us.

"Thats a good question" He chuckles,

I made Ken laugh.

He pointed towards the corner of the end of the long, tall walled hallway. "We can work from top to bottom" he said

"Yeah, okay" I said as we walked over to the end of the hallway.

~~halfway done cleaning~~

I clapped "Okay, that was a sweat" I chuckled. "Yeah, talk about it" Ken said back. We walked towards the door to grab a well-deserved drink. He nudged the door handle; it did not open. He began jiggling the handle.

It still did not open.

"Fuck" he said under his breath making my heart skip a beat. I do not find it attractive it was just the way he said it.

"Uhm, Ken let me try" I said as he moved aside, and I moved towards the door.

I grabbed the handle and pushed, nothing. I repeated what Ken had done just seconds before me, again. Nothing, not a single movement.

I looked over at Ken and his eyes were sat on me already. This made me very self-aware. What if he thought my hair was not slick or maybe I had something stuck to my teeth, of course I would care what others think of me there's nothing odd about that.

He must have seen my worries and mistaken them for being locked in a literal shoe closet. "Hey, it's okay don't worry. I'll call Barbie and we will get right out of here, no problem" he said.

I nodded as he took out his phone from his front pocket.

He dialled in some numbers as I just stood there and watched. After holding up the phone too his ear for at least 10 seconds it went to voice call.

He put the phone in his pocket again and looked at me with wide eyes. He had tears in his eyes.

Ken, the strong boy I have never seen cry before had tears in his eyes of being locked in a room.

I went to hug him but before I could reach him, he fell to his knees and looked at the floor. I sat on the ground with my legs spread apart welcoming him into my embrace.

He looked so scared, and I was there to see him this vulnerable. He trusted me like this.

He made his way too me crawling slowly over the few meters between us. He put his two muscler arms around my waist and crawled onto my lap shaking uncontrollably.

I looked down at him and began comforting him.
"It's okay Ken, we will make our way out of here together. Nothing to freak out over or too be afraid of. It's okay, breathe in and out slowly. Everything will be okay" I said while stroking my hand across his hair.