Chapter 4

Split personality disorder as the name states is a condition that arises due to some kind of trauma that occurred in a person's life at some point of time. While facing the trauma the person creates another personality in their brain and try to save themselves. When the trauma is triggered by someone the said personality takes its existence in the brain and fully occupy the person's body which is in simple terms considered as 'taking the light'. According to this disorder a person can form more than one personality irrespective of age and gender.

According to psychological view 'taking the light' means occupying the host's body. Only one personality can take the light at a time. It happens in very rare cases that two or more alters exist in light at the same time.

Kim Seokjin, who is a psychiatrist and a specialist in DID (Dissociative Identity Disorders) had always tried to show the world that people with this disorder exist in this world. He always believed that the patients suffering from DID were special. However, people refused to believe him because of his lack of experience in this field. You see, Doctor Seokjin was a specialist but he's still young. Therefore, people never took his words seriously. Although things would have been different if his father Doctor Kim would have supported his beliefs, but he never did. Doctor Kim was the most respected psychiatrist and people always looked up to him because of his intelligence and hardwork.

Recently Doctor Kim was on a vacation, leaving all of his appointments and patients in his son's hands. Doctor Seokjin had been preparing his speech for an event when an email popped on the screen of his laptop. It was from 'Jhope'.

Jhope was one of the alters of Jung Hoseok who is Dr. Seokjin's patient. He's been treating Hoseok since five years, he knows everything about the alter egos living in Jung Hoseok's body, and Jhope was one of them. Dr. Seokjin checked the email, and it seems like Jhope was asking for a session with him as soon as possible. Since he was not busy so he decided to schedule the session in the evening.

It was 6 o'clock in the evening, Seokjin was waiting for his patient to arrive when suddenly a thought crossed his mind. He thought that Jhope never asks him to schedule a session on his own, it was always the other way around, so why did he suddenly asked for this session. He was thinking these things when the doorbell of his apartment rang. It was Jhope. Looking cheerful as always but there was something missing in his eyes, Seokjin thought, but he shrugged it off for the moment.
"Bonjour !! Jhope. How have you been?" Seokjin asked.
"Bonjour !! Dr. Seokjin. I'm good as always." Jhope replied, as cheerfully as possible. He entered in the apartment, looking around everywhere like a child who came to a museum for the first time.
"I'm glad that you are okay, you got me worried because of the emails." Seokjin said, eyeing him.
"Oh! The emails it was nothing, I was just feeling a little overwhelmed and panicked, nothing serious though." Jhope said, while fixing the books in the bookshelf properly.
"So did you bring your lyrics, about which we talked last time." Seokjin asked.
"Yes I brought them. Here take a look." Jhope said while passing the pages to the doctor.

Seokjin went through the lyrics of the song that his patient composed and couldn't help but feel proud of him. The lyrics were soo strong and beautiful.

I remember myself back at that moment (Airplane, yeah)
When the barren land burned me down (Airplane)
I ran looking at the blue sky (Airplane)
I remember those days in this airplane
Some people talk shit about me
Those some people get jealous in loneliness (Hey, yeah)
Don't give a damn, I'm just happy
I made it, I feel it in my airplane, airplane.

Over the clouds every day, eh, uh
Over the clouds are my feelings
Over the clouds, check it, eh, uh
Chemistry between me and the clouds
Everyday with the clouds, eh, ha
The fun riding the clouds, the fading in with the clouds, you don't know, maybe
Flying for years now
Got a mileage close to a million
It's time to console you, who didn't make it yet
I'll give the flight points as a present
Love the airplane mode
Turn off all the concerns, no matter what anyone says
Just continue keeping the first and look at the sky
Seems quite right from my seat now.

"So what is the name of the song?" Seokjin asked.
"Airplane." Jhope replied, casually.
"The lyrics are really good Hope, they are strong and shows what you think. I'm really impressed." The doctor said.

"Oh! Come on they are not that good, I can do much better than this, plus it's not even complete." Jhope said looking embarrassed.
Seokjin smiled, and quietly observed him. There was definitely something missing from the past times when he saw his patient. Jhope became stiff when he noticed Seokjin's eyes on himself.

"Doctor I wanted to ask something." Jhope said suddenly.
"Go ahead I'm all ears." Seokjin replied.
"Is anyone even listening to us, did they even know that we exist." He asked in a quiet tone.
" You won't believe me if I say that I am going to give a lecture about DID at an international conference."
"Really"
"Yes"
"Oh my God doctor that's such a great news." Jhope said looking surprised and happy at the same time.
"Yeah isn't it great, the event is next week and I'll be giving a lecture via zoom app." Seokjin said happily. "More people are believing in DID patients day by day, Hope."

"Wow! That's so great doc. But you know I'm still not used to this nickname you gave me. Hope." Jhope said faking an offended look, but completely failed and bursts into laughter.
"Shut up it's a nice nickname." Seokjin defended, laughing himself.
"Yeah, yeah whatever. Wow! Would you look at the time it's already 6:45, I should get going Doc, I need to practice the choreography for this song." Jhope said hurriedly walking towards the door and opening it.

"Thanks for today Doc and ignore the emails if I send you any. It's nothing serious, I keep sending you those when I feel overwhelmed." He said while stepping out of the apartment.
"Well that's for me to decide whether to ignore them or not, and don't thank me it's my job." Seokjin said, playfully scolding his patient. He waited for Jhope to ask for the sheets of lyrics that he gave to him earlier, but he never did.

"Hope, don't you want these back usually you are always so protective towards these." He said handing the papers to Jhope.
"Oh! I'm sorry I totally forgot." Jhope said while taking the sheets back, and left.

Seokjin closed the door and started to concentrate on the changes he felt today in his patient.