Chapter 2

"Cheyenne!" The sound of Hayley calling to me from downstairs suddenly brought me back to Earth. "Logan's here!"

I jumped up, grabbed my purse, and hurried down the stairs. "How do I look?" I asked."

Hayley smiled. "Gorgeous." Then, she looked again. "Wait." She stepped closer, and gently rubbed my face. "Just fixing your makeup."

I grinned.

"There, perfect."

"Thanks," I said as the doorbell rang. I opened the door to see Logan standing there with a cute smile on his face. I can't see facial expressions very well, but I could always recognize that adorable smile.

"Well, don't you look pretty?" Logan flirted.

I beamed at the sound of his southern accent. "Thanks," I said giddily as I stepped forward, and reached out to hold his arm. I flashed the biggest smile. "Oh, my gosh!" I laughed. "Your sweater is so soft!"

Logan chuckled. "I knew you'd like that."

Hayley giggled. "She's gonna be all over you now."

"That's what I was goin' for," Logan joked.

"Yeah, okay, get outta here," Hayley teased.

I snickered as I hugged Hayley.

"Have fun, Sweetie," she said, returning the hug, and turning to Logan. "Take care of her."

"I always do," Logan replied.

Hayley nodded as Logan led me to his truck. She waved to us. "Bye, guys! Have fun!"

"Bye!" I called back as Logan helped me in.

Logan took me out to eat at our favorite burger and pizza joint, since his favorite food was cheeseburgers and mine was pepperoni pizza. This particular restaurant always made the best burgers and pizza. The service was excellent, and the prices were very low. It was our goto place every time we went out to dinner. Even when we had picnics in the park, we stopped there to pick up food to go.