1

Hunk ran his hands through his hair for the onehundreth time in the last 10 minutes.

He had removed his headband laying it next to him as he trying to figure out how to make this machine work.

But sadly his brain wasn't working for him.

He glanced at the Altean clock to find it was time for him to start making dinner. With a heavy sigh he stopped off at his room cleaning himself up and making sure he looked okay.

He knew any sign of sadness or stress in his expression of posture would cause Lance to go into mum mode.

Hunk smiled slightly at the thought. His best friend had spent far too much time with Hunk's mum while they were on earth and it seemed he had learned all of the tricks of the trade of how to calm Hunk and reduce his stress.

It was nice, but being a paladin he realised that he couldn't just let others do his assigned job, he had offered to cook for the team and he was going to uphold his offer.

He smiled at his reflection happy with how he appeared before he opened his door.

Hunk nearly jumped through the roof. Stood outside his door was Lance.

Lance stared at him eyes wide. "You okay?" He asked with a slight frown.

"Yeah, yep.. ahha, you just scared the living daylights out of me." Hunk admitted still clutching his chest.

"You sure that's it?" Lance asked eyes narrowing further as he examined Hunk.

Hunk batted his shoulder. "I'm fine."

"Pidge mentioned you were stressed." Lance informed not backing down.

"Well I was, but I'm okay now."

Lance didn't look fully convinced. "I'm gonna help."

"Help? What?"

"I'm going to help you make dinner, it means it's less of a load for you and it means that I get to check up on my best friend." Lance explained with a small smile. "Will you permit me into your fair kitchen kind sir?"

Hunk chuckled. "Of course, but I hold the rights to throw you out at any moment."

"That's rude." Lance complained but his smile was still there.

Hunk let out a little sigh. Well, there was no hiding anything from Lance now, he knew and he wouldn't be satisfied until he had the truth.

Lance was an interesting case. Sometimes he was the worst helper and other times he was the best.

Right now he had clearly grapsed how much Hunk didn't really want to do dinner and so Lance did everything Hunk instructed him to do.

He didn't even put up a fight about cleaning down the work surfaces.

And while they worked Hunk just talked, talked about everything that was bothering him.

About his family and how far away he felt from them, about how he didn't know if he could meet all of their expectations and be the amazing Hunk that Lance always bragged about.

And Lance listened. He didn't interrupt only nodding or making a humming noise when Hunk paused at the right place.

By the end of it Hunk felt exhausted as he stared down at the dinner they had made.

"I think your anxiety is starting to get the better of you." Lance then said as he looked up at Hunk. "That and you're homesick, I get it a lot too, and I know how overwhelming the feeling is when you just want to go home."

"I'm sorry." Hunk said quietly. "I shouldn't have-"

"Nope." Lance said sharply pointing a finger up at him. "You cannot hold all your troubles as well as mine, it's good to share."

Hunk chuckled. "Are you quoting me?"

Lance grinned. "You are like the smartest guy I know."

"You don't have to tell me things like that." Hunk scolded gently.

"I'm not just telling you." Lance's face was dead serious with a frown. "I mean it Hunk."

Hunk gave a small smile. "I don't honestly know where I'd be without you." He admitted.

"You'd still be on earth, or at least for a little bit." Lance shrugged with a small smile. "After dinner I'll clean up, you should take a night off and just relax."

Hunk frowned slightly. "But I-"

"I know that you have a specific way to order things in here and I know how to do it. You can trust me." Lance smiled. "Okay?"

"Okay." Hunk confirmed with a soft smile. "Thanks Lance."

Lance smiled brightly at him and then hopped towards the door. "I'll go get the others."

Hunk chuckled softly to himself as Lance left, Lance always was a kind and caring friend the type who would do anything possible to help you out even when you didn't realise you needed help.

He knew that he wouldn't be able to do half the things he did if Lance wasn't in his life.