3

Hunk woke up to his watch buzzing. It was the only form of alarm that didn't scare the living daylights out of him.

He was still in the common area which ment that he had fallen asleep on Lance again.

Speaking of Lance.

Hunk glanced to Lance's legs which were still drapped over his shoulders providing a cushion for his head. He winced at the thought that he had kept Lance in a potentially uncomfortable position all night.

But as he glanced back to find Lance was layed out across the floor with a cushion under his head, he had a blanket thrown over his middle and he looked comfortable enough.

But Hunk knew he was going to do something for him, after all Lance had basically taken a load off of him yesterday and had worked hard to make sure Hunk stayed relaxed.

Hunk would definitely repay Lance in some way.

But how was a question Hunk would find an answer too.

Hunk took a moment to think while looking around the room.

Keith was still out cold on the sofa limbs thrown everywhere as he slept, Hunk gave a soft chuckle. He had fallen asleep before Hunk had so he must have been exhausted.

He found Shiro, Allura and Coran were gone, probably off to get things set up for the day.

Pidge was the only other one awake in the room. She was laying on the floor tapping away on her laptop looking mildly bored, but Hunk knew that was just her resting face.

"What are you doing?" Hunk asked gently.

Pidge looked up a small smile growing on her face. "I've been looking at some other films we can get."

"I barely saw the last one." Hunk admitted with a chuckle.

"Not gonna lie, I think the only ones who saw it the whole way through were me and Lance." Pidge smiled. "Allura was out cold just after you."

Hunk nodded gently rubbing Lance's leg. "What about Coran?"

"He fell asleep shortly after Shiro, so about halfway through. I think he's going to ask Lance to explain the rest to him later."

Hunk smiled, Lance would be the best person for that. He always seemed to catch the whole story line even when he had only watched the film once.

That and he could managed to quote any film even if he had only seen the trailer.

It always amazed Hunk and annoyed Pidge which was probably why he did it.

Lance suddenly gasped his whole body flinching heavily.

Hunk shifted spinning fully to see Lance staring at the ceiling as he trembled.

"Whoa hey, Lance?" He said gently trying to get his attention.

Lance met his gaze with soft panting breaths. "Hunk?" He whispered looking distressed.

Hunk took ahold of his legs and gently pulled Lance towards him letting him land in his lap so he could cradle him close. Lance snuggled right in, his shaking fading slightly.

"What happened?" Pidge asked as she relocated next to them, a worried pinch in her eyebrows.

Lance gently shook his head. "N-nothing."

"No it wasn't." Hunk scolded gently as he rubbed Lance's back. "You can tell us."

Lance squeezed his eyes shut taking a deep breath. "It was just a nightmare, I know it wasn't real it just made me jump."

"Okay." Pidge said before Hunk could press again. "Let's talk about something else."

Lance seems to relax slightly at that with a small faint nod.

Hunk let the two chat about the film talking about their favourite parts and how they felt it could have been improved.

Hunk didn't participate in the discussion. He was too worried about Lance who was now smiling brightly at Pidge as they talked.

But Hunk could feel the slight shake in his muscles and the ever so slightly different tone in his voice.

Whatever that nightmare was about it had scared him, scared him bad.

Shiro then entered with a slight frown. "Is Keith still out?"

"He stirred for about 30 seconds." Pidge admitted. "Then went right back to sleep."

"Yikes." Shiro said quietly, his gaze then drifted to how Hunk was protectively holding Lance and how tired Lance looked. "You okay Lance?"

Lance nodded sending Shiro a bright smile. "Yeah I'm good."

"Alright, Allura wants to start training soon." Shiro explained as he stepped over by Keith. "You might want to go and grab breakfast."

"Let's go, I'm starving." Pidge explained as she hopped to her feet. She caught ahold of Lance's hand and pulled him up without protest.

Hunk followed quietly.

Food goo wasn't exactly anyone's favourite but it would do. It had the consistency of jelly but seemed to taste like whatever meal of the day it was.

Lance always said his tasted of toast.

But Hunk always felt it tasted more like a brioche or a croissant.

Pidge never commented on what hers tasted like but Lance always teased that it tasted of peanut butter and that was why she loved it.

Pidge always shoved him for his comments and told him to shut up. But this morning it was quiet.

Lance sat poking at his food with a frown which was pinned to nothing.

It was slightly unnerving.

"You sure you're okay?" Hunk asked placing his hand on Lance's arm.

Lance gave a tired nod before he dropped his spoon in favour of rubbing his eyes. "Yeah." He sighed.

Hunk wasn't convinced. Not one bit.

"Okay I'm going to go and get some hacking done before we're called for training." Pidge admitted jumping up. She sent Hunk a look which warned him to tell her everything if Lance spilled the beans.

Hunk nodded back letting her go.

"You know you two aren't very subtle." Lance chuckled softly as he dropped his hand.

"We're just worried about you." Hunk frowned. "You're clearly not yourself, whatever that dream was-"

"Hunk." Lance protested. "I don't... I don't really want to talk about it, not now, maybe later?"

Hunk sighed but nodded. "Promise?"

Lance smiled. "I promise."

Hunk knew it was a good as done, Lance wouldn't break a promise, not unless something absolutely, definitely stopped him from doing so.

"You missed your skincare routine last night." Hunk suddenly realised spinning to Lance.

Lance offered a smile. "It doesn't matter Hunk."

Hunk gasped, more dramatically then necessary but it made Lance's smile grow. "Who are you and what have you done with the real Lance?!"

"Shut up." Lance shoved his shoulder still smiling. "I didn't want to wake you."

"Now I've ruined your routine." Hunk cried pretending to be upset.

Lance laughed softly. "Dude I'd miss it for you every night. You're more important to me then how I look."

Hunk's heart swelled at the honesty in Lance's expression and voice, he ment that. He really did.

"Thanks." Hunk admitted the theatrical pretence dropping.

"Come on, we've got to go get ready." Lance said as he shoveled more food into his mouth before he was getting up.

Hunk rolled his eyes at him but followed, the warmth still burning brightly in his chest.