2

Dinner went down well, everyone mentioned how much they enjoyed it and Lance kept nudging Hunk's shoulder only making the slight flush on his cheeks darker.

"Hey guys I have something to tell you all." Pidge grinned as Lance got up.

"What is it?" He asked as he collected the empty plates up getting a confused look from Keith, Shiro and Allura.

"I managed to get a few earth films on my laptop." Pidge smiled looking around at them all. "We can watch movies."

"So we can have a film night?" Lance asked excitedly.

Hunk smiled fondly as he looked between the two, Lance and Pidge loved movie nights, they only ever got to do two while they were at the garrison but Hunk knew it was a mutual enjoyment for them both.

Lance loved the story line and could create theories out of small details that Hunk had missed while Pidge would add to those theories with follow ups or details about the director which suggested Lance was most likely right.

"That actually sounds quite fun." Allura admitted with a small smile. "When should we do it?"

"How about tonight?" Shiro offered with a small smile. "We could do with some chill time I think."

"Lance do you want me to-"

"Don't even think about it Hunk." Lance cut in as he lifted all the plates. "I got this."

Lance then headed out if the room and all eyes turned to Hunk.

"So why is Lance being suddenly mature and helpful?" Keith asked with a frown.

"Lance is capable of being mature." Pidge answered. "He just sometimes chooses not to."

"And he's helping me out a bit." Hunk admitted quietly.

"Is something wrong Hunk?" Shiro asked worriedly.

"No, not necessarily, I... I get stressed out easily and... And with the new updates that we've been giving the castle, I just feel a bit washed out." Hunk felt almost embarrassed about what he had said. "So... Yeah Lance is rather taking over and I can't fight him."

"You could quite easily fight Lance." Keith shrugged. "He's not the best at hand to hand combat."

Hunk gave a soft chuckle. "If only you knew."

"Knew what?" Allura asked curiously.

"Lance has got two older brothers and two older sisters and he has cousins too. They used to fight and stuff all the time."

"We sure did, I've got scars." Lance chipped in as he landed in his seat next to Hunk. "Kitchens all done."

"Lance why is it that you will help Hunk at the moment he asks but you won't do so for anyone else?" Allura asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"Cause Hunk never asks." Lance replied looking suddenly serious. "Anyway, where are we doing this film night?"

"You could do it in the common area." Coran explained as he stood by Lance. "Lance has told me of the itnerary for this evening."

"Cool Hunk we can set it up on the big screen we were working on." Pidge smirked jumping to her feet. "I'll get my laptop."

"I'll get the cables." Hunk said getting up also. "This is going to be good fun."

~~~

Hunk happily plopped himself down in front of the screen watching as Pidge started to load the film up. He shuffled a few times into his seat but he wasn't settled.

There was something missing.

Lance's legs then appeared over his shoulders with Lance basically sitting on the back of the sofa.

Hunk tilted his head back catching Lance's eye, the two smiled at eachother before Hunk settled fully resting his head against Lance's thigh as the others joined them.

"Lance, don't drape all over Hunk." Shiro frowned looking concerned.

"He's fine." Hunk protested wrapping one arm around Lance's shins keeping him in place. It would just be odd to Hunk if Lance wasn't in someway within his personal space.

The film had only been on a few moments when Hunk's eyes began to feel heavy. He was tired and the stress had built up until he was almost falling asleep.

But not yet.

Suddenly his headband was gone.

Hunk tilted his head back to see Lance pulling it onto his own head eyes still locked onto the screen. He then threaded his fingers through Hunk's hair gently playing with it.

Hunk felt the tension, the stress and the strength to stay awake melt within a few seconds.

Lance just continued playing with his hair, he pulled some of the pieces into braids before letting them fall out as he let his blunt nails gently glide across Hunk's scalp.

It wasn't long before Hunk was drifting off into the land of dreams.

~~~

Lance let out a small sigh as he gently pulled his hands away from Hunk's hair.

Hunk was asleep, solidly asleep. His eyes were closed heavily and his deep breathing along with occasional snoring proved he was out cold.

"So is he getting stressed out again?" Pidge asked as she glanced towards them. Lance could see the concern in her eyes.

Lance gave a soft shrug. "It wasn't as bad as last time, but I didn't want it to get any worse."

"Has Hunk always been bad with stress?" Shiro asked concerned as he shifted a sleeping Keith so his neck wasn't at such an odd angle.

Lance gave a heasitant nod. "Well, for as long as I've known him he's struggled with it. That and his anxiety."

"Well at least he has you." Pidge smiled.

"He has us." Lance corrected. "Sometimes he just needs to remember that."

"How long have you two known eachother?" Coran asked curiously.

"Since we were kids really." Lance smiled. "Our families lived in the same neighborhood."

"How can we help?" Coran asked as he got up to adjust the blanket laying across Allura. "I hate seeing any of you hurting and I want to be there for Hunk."

Lance gave a soft sigh. "Hunk is the bravest, strongest guy I know." Lance admitted. "But... Sometimes he just doesn't see it and I don't really know why he can't."

"Having doubts that the person allows to grow can do that." Shiro chipped in. "We just need to help Hunk to remove those doubts."

Lance gave a faint nod a frown still on his face.

"What's wrong?" Pidge asked gently poking his leg.

"What if I'm the one who's holding him back?" He whispered. "I mean I've always tried to protect him, but maybe that wasn't the right thing?"

The room was quiet for a moment before Coran turned taking one of Lance's hands. "Lance you would never intentionally hold someone back, besides your friendship with Hunk is so strong that it protects you both."

Lance gave a soft smile. "Thanks Coran."

"I don't think you're holding him back." Shiro chipped in. "Hunk has been able to do amazing things and it's always because you encourage him to push further."

Lance nodded again. "I just don't want him to forget how great he is."

"He won't." Pidge smiled brightly. "Cause he's got all of us now to reinforce him."