Chapter 3

We had arrived at our final destination. It was a mine site near a small village that you could see in the distance.

The people who brought us there were now talking to another group. They didn't seem to be working under the same boss but they were exchanging 'goods'.

All of them were mocking us, the ones in the cages. They were looking at the women with ill intentions and the rest in disgust.

Merman: "This seriously can not be happening! How is that possible?!"

Angela: "Huh?"

Jackson: "It's nothing to worry about Angela."

Merman: "Nothing to worry about?! We are going to be nothing but slaves!"

Old man: "Calm down, you are going to scare the kids."

Merman: "They should be scared, we-"

Before he could finish, the old man hit his head and Lucie sunk her teeth in his arm.

Angela: "Oh, so we arwe goin to be hurt?"

Jackson: "No, you aren't."

A woman: "Poor kids."

Merman: "And no one is going to help me with this thing?!"

Angela: " itz not a thing, itz Lucie."

Merman: "Then get HER off."

Angela: "Lucie."

Lucie jumped to my side in a second and seemed pleased with herself.

*Why is everything so crazy, it is as if all of this was created to make drama or some shit like that.*

Around us, frail-looking people were being exploited and whipped.

It was clear that all of us were going to be sold to work as slaves in this mine. It was terrifying to know what could happen in there and only hoping that we weren't going to suffer too much.

While I was in my thoughts, Jackson suddenly took my hand. When I looked at him he smiled, an awkward but comforting one. I couldn't help but smile back. But it didn't mean that I was even less scared.

Lucie seemed to be afraid as well but it didn't stop her from showing her jealousy towards our relationship.

She climbed my shoulder, licked my cheek, and stuck out her tongue at Jackson. She was quite intelligent and lovely.

Jackson smiled at Lucie's immaturity and said: "They probably brought us here to use us to mine ores and crystals. If that is the case, they will make sure that we will obey and not run away by making us wear a slave collar."

He pointed in a direction where slaves were and there I saw collars on all the beings who were brought here.

Angela: "Wouhat do the collars do?"

Jackson: "It is pronounced 'what' and normally they hurt you if you get too far... You can also die from it."

Angela: "Hurt? Die?"

Jackson: "Yes, um. It electrocutes you and if you go further and further away the shock intensifies and you can die. But don't worry, this won't happen to you or me."

Angela: "How do we mine?"

Jackson: "With pickaxes, like them."

Jackson pointed in the direction of the slaves from earlier and some of them had pickaxes. They were also threatened to move faster with whips.

Some of the slaves were falling under the blows. One of them even died in front of us. The worst part is that the body was just being ignored by everyone else and was left there like trash.