Part-1

Narrated by: Shovik Faiyaz

** [ and ] signs indicate the thoughts of the narrator. And the story's conversation is in Bangla, but written in English.

[Mississauga city (Canada), 19th July 2009, where the six of us crooks met each other for the first time. We thought that we would win over the world, but got screwed instead.]

[Starting cast, all 6 sitting in jail cell, narrating:]

[Munif. It was his plan.] Munif said, "One day or other we will all have to go to heaven or hell. Do this work, either we'll go to hell by long car, or else by barefoot."

"Congratulations on your long car. I'll prefer going barefoot. It's better than going on four shoulders. [Nafiz. Another one of us. He is known as 'Mama' (maternal uncle) in his line of business.] Munif said, "Hey Mama, try to understand". Nafiz asked, "You're trying to make me understand? Do you think this is some kind of local village bank of Noakhali, that you go there freely? You go inside and point the gun at the guard, and he'll signal the cashier at the counter, and the cashier will give you all the money by giftwrapping and say, "Happy Birthday Sir"? This is Canada, you dumbo. Here the police will arrive within two minutes, and will be cutting your birthday cake by chopping your head off." [What Nafiz Mama said was absolutely true. His words did have logic.] Munif said, "Hey Mama, ok you're right." Nafiz said, "Yes I'm right." Munif said, "When I'll steal chickens from poultry farm, I'll call you then. (Whispering) Dumb chicken thief!". Nafiz said, "Hey, don't call me a dumb..." Munif said, "Yes, thief, got it." [Pointing at another person, Munif asked:] "Hey, what do you think?" [And that's me. Faiyaz. Always having a deep-thinking face and thinking all the time. Now I think why I didn't think at that time. I said:] "I'll think about it". "Munif is right." [Farhan. Another one of us. Also known as 'Bhaiya' (big brother). Why everyone called him Bhaiya, only Bhaiya knew this, or his upcoming future. But we were worried about our present.] Nafiz said, "Hell! We'll have to come back here by doing left and right." "How much money will we get?" [Salman. He had done Masters in Software Engineering and Development. His consent was quite necessary for the development of this plan.] Munif said, "As much as you can handle." Salman asked, "But still, how much?" Munif said, "The question isn't that how much food is in the restaurant. The question is how much you can eat in the restaurant." "And Davison? What will we do with him?" [And finally, Zarif, the youngest of us. He was a bouncer in a club, and got bounced from the club and landed in jail]. Farhan said, "He'll come in our way when he'll know anything. And till the time he'll know everything..." Munif said, "You would be opening your own club with the money along with your girl. And all of us will be watching her dancing." Nafiz started laughing. Zarif became angry and said, "Hey Munif!!" He got up to beat Munif, and Farhan interrupted him and said, "Relax, bro. Sit." Zarif said, "That's it. Don't talk about her anymore." Munif said, "Hey Zarif, I got scared. See this, my hands are trembling." Salman asked, "What if the police arrive?" Munif said, "They won't." Salman asked, "What if they do?" Farhan said, "Then we'll send them back." Zarif asked, "Can't we do something else? Something which is less risky." Munif asked, "Fortune wants to warm up a king size bed for you, and you want to sleep on the couch?" Zarif said, "Fortune is that one hot dame, which doesn't sleep with me. Got it?" Farhan laughed a bit and said, "Fortune. If any of us want to make up our own fortune, then they won't let us make it. Whenever anyone is killed anywhere, they nab us and bring here. When any theft takes, place, they search our houses firstly. The Italians and Russians have their Mafia, the Mexicans and Colombians have their Cartels, the Chinese have their Triads. And we, Bangladeshis, what do we have? Nothing. Nothing but police records. Even if a blind man from his 400m far distance hears anything, he says, "That must be an Asian, the poor." And they grab us and bring here. From a 400m distance, even a bloody elephant looks like a hammer. We are made to wear the turbans of crime. And we will be made to wear it, till we don't have any money, to buy innocence for ourselves." [Bhaiya did make a lot of good points here. Had we not been in jail, all of us would have clapped at his speech. Bhaiya's statement forced us to think about ourselves.] Munif said, "Think about it, guys. We still have some time." Farhan said, "And a plan as well." Then a police officer came and said, "Alright, you guys are free for now." Then we all got up and started for leaving. Munif said, "If bell rings in the heads any of you guys, then come tonight at Niagara restaurant. I'll be waiting there." Farhan said, "We. We'll be waiting there." Then Munif gave a smile, and they all went out.