Chapter 2

{Jerome's Pov}
Mitch and I were out hunting in the woods, for the Pack. Just a normal everyday routine. Mitch aimed his bow at a squirrel that was crouched on a tree branch. But before he could let the arrow fly, something crashed through the leafy roof of branches above us, and landed with a sickening thump, right in front of me.

It looked like a human girl, with black and red smears all over her face. She wore a torn chest plate, had a battle axe, and long sword hooked on a rope around her waist. Her pants were stained, and ripped at the ends. Tiger like ears nested in her knotted hair, a striped tail twitched on the ground, and vibrant black wings splayed out from her back. A Hybrid.

I kneeled down next to her, and gently slipped her weapons out of the rope holsters. I threw them on to the ground, and picked her up carefully.

"Is she ok?" Mitch asked, grabbing her sword and axe.

"I don't know." I answered. I carefully held her in a standing position.

Mitch helped me hold her up, and I looked at her wings. They looked ok, except for a few bent feathers. Then I saw the fresh blood stain blooming in the cloth around her left wing. I pulled it back a little, to reveal a gunshot wound. I quickly took off my tie, and wrapped it the best I could around her shoulder, and wing.

"Is she hurt?" Mitch asked.

"Yeah." I answered. "Gun wound. Looks pretty deep too."

"She must have escaped from the Hybrid Center. The guards must have shot her." He said.

"We should get her to Pete." I said, and picked her up again.

"But we'll be killed if the government finds us." He protested.

"Then that's a risk I'm willing to take. We can't just leave her here." I reasoned. Mitch huffed. We walked to the clearing, where we lived with our friends. It was a clearing surrounded by eight redwood trees.

We built tree houses on them, and attached all of the houses with rope bridges. It was like an entire village. We lived here with many of our friends, like Rob, Lachlan, Vikk, Mat, Pete, Choco, and Kenny.

"PETE!!" I shouted, when Mitch and I stood underneath the tree house he shared with Mat. He leaned over the railing of his porch, and his eyes widened when he saw the unconscious Hybrid in my arms.

He ran back into his tree house, grabbed his first aid kit, and jumped onto the pulley system that we used as an elevator. Pete was like the doctor in our group, and always patched up our wounds. Like the one time Vikk accidentally fell out of a tree and broke his leg. Soon he was on the forest floor.

"Can you sit her up?" Pete asked.

"Yeah." I said, laying her on the ground, and held her in a sitting position. Her head lolled to the side.

"How did you find a Hybrid? And a female one at that. They hardly ever escape. Alive... " He said grimly, untying my tie, replacing it with gauze and bandages. He wrapped some over her wing, so it would stay folded, and not open up the wound.

"She just fell from the sky." Said Mitch. " Literally."

"Alright. Let's bring her up to a guest house. We can take the bullet out when she's awake."

"We could have her room with Allie." Said Mitch.

"That's actually a really good idea." I said, lightly punching his arm.

"Owwwwwww... " He whined, pouting. I laughed, and he grinned after a few seconds.

"Ok, I'm going to go up to my house and make some more medicine. We're running out. Why don't you guys bring this Hybrid up to Allie's house." Pete said.

"Got it. Thanks Pete." I said.

"No problem." He said. "But we're gonna have to be careful. This Hybrid is going to be a wanted escapee, and if we get caught hiding her.... Well.... You guys know the consequences the government tries to keep secret."

We both nodded, aware of the grim death penalties we would be charged with if caught. He picked up his first.
aid kit, and went back up to his house on the pulley system.

"Let's get her up to Allie's house." I said to Mitch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited

Luv u all my EnderDragons. Super happy you guys like it :3