Chapter 14

(?????? POV)

I snarled, yanking at the chains the Hybrid Center guards held.

"Stop wiggling!" One hissed, slamming his weapon into my bottom jaw. I gave a screech, my tongue lolling out of my mouth, my jaw definitely dislocated.

I made a weird hissing noise. But we marched on.

I smelled Hybrids. They were near, and I was trained to signal the guards if I smelled one. And I planning on doing that. Before that guard dislocated my freaking jaw.

I wanted so desperately to change back into my human form. But I couldn't.

I whined, a pitiful noise, since my jaw was just hanging down, my mouth open in a strange way. It throbbed. Then

I felt something in my mind, like another presence. Who was there?! Go away!

I smelled weapons. Oh no, this was a trap, wasn't it?!

Let me go, Guards! I flicked my tail out, knocking down three guards, and I yanked the chains out from the remaining ones, and started to dash off. The guards shouted, but I didn't look back.

A spear suddenly whizzed from the sky, and stuck into the ground before me. I had backpedal to avoid hitting it. My heart thumped, fear running my mind.

And then, BANG, my left front leg was consumed in white hot pain, and I screeched, stumbling, and then falling to the ground.

------
(Jason's POV) (sorry it's short)

The guards were coming. I knew exactly who the guards were. I used to be in the Hybrid center as well. Strange how everything fits together, isn't it?

"Jason...?" Darcy asks hesitantly. "Is the creature with the guards good, or bad?" I reached out to the beasts mind.

A wave of pain crashed onto my face, and leg, as well as feelings of panic, hatred and fear. Hatred for the Hybrid guards. Thoughts and words jumbled my mind, and I retreated.

"The beast is hurt, scared, and mad at the guards. He is not going to hurt you." I said to Darcy.

"Then let's kick some Hybrid guard butt." She said. I had to smile at that.