V

Flashback - ( 12th March, 2017 )

Eloise's POV :

"I have always wondered how it's so easy for some people to fall in love again, after they've had their hearts broken."

Andrew was sketching. It was a day off and we were spending it at home because it was too hot to be outside. I fervently wished it would rain.

"Do you think it's because they're afraid or that they're hopeful that the next time it will be something that will last ?" He wondered out loud.

"Maybe Andrew, or maybe it's just that their hearts are resilient and capable of loving in spite of the pain, maybe they know that sometimes people fall in love and even if it doesn't last, it doesn't mean that they have to lose faith in love." I replied with a smile.

"Hmm, maybe." Andrew was not looking convinced.

"Drew, we're all pieces of those hearts that were left behind in us right, we gave them pieces of us and they left us with theirs, maybe that's why it's easy because they're happy that they were loved, no matter how long or short it was."

"But Ellie, if one day we're not together, do you think we will move on soon ? Will we find love again ?"

I was not sure how to reply. The thought of losing him was painful, but sometimes life was like that wasn't it ? Unpredictable and often painful.

"Maybe not that soon Andrew, or maybe we will move on easily too. I don't know, I think eventually one day we will because life never stops and time helps us bury the pain."

"I don't think I will ever love anyone else the way I love you Eloise." He said solemnly.

"That's the thing isn't it Andrew ? We don't love the same way again, the way we love a person changes as we grow older and our perspective changes, I don't think I will ever love anyone the way I love you as well, but that doesn't mean that we won't love anyone else too."

"Yeah, I guess that's true." Andrew murmured in reply.

"Ella..."

"Yea..."

"If we ever part ways, promise me that whenever you will think of me, you will smile, because I think I will be leaving the very best parts of myself with you." He whispered, sounding almost scared.

"I will, I promise. I love you Andrew. But you also promise me that if we ever part ways, you will still be my friend." I murmured and kissed him on his forehead.

"I promise. I love you too Eloise."

_______________________________________

Current time -

I kept my promise. He didn't. He couldn't, and I don't even blame him. A lot had happened between us for us to ever go back to being just friends.

All these months I've tried my best to keep my emotions in control but I don't know what happened today. Old memories just came back to me.