Chapter 02

Chaos

Harry was well aware of the stares that were shot his way during the feast but he didn't care, he had food in front of him and the love of his life next to him. What did he care what people thought of him?

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Cedric Diggory" Cedric extended a hand, Harry did his best to hide the sadness that came when he thought of Cedric. Cedric who died in that bloody tournament, this time Harry was going to make sure that Cedric at least lived long enough to qualify as an old man.

"Harry, Harry Potter" Harry shook his hand and smiled at the boy "nice to meet you"

"Got to say, didn't expect you in Hufflepuff"

"Why not?" Harry asked, he noticed a lot of people listening to him "What exactly is wrong with the house of Helga Hufflepuff, one of the greatest witches of all time? I'd be honoured just to be considered for the house" Many Hufflepuffs perked up at his words, pride suddenly washing over them.

"I bet everyone's going to be ecstatic about the fact that we have Harry Potter in Hufflepuff" Crystal said

"Yeah, Harry Potter is a Hufflepuff" Harry said before suddenly gasping "A 'Potter puff'! I'm a Potterpuff!"

"Oh Merlin" Crystal shook her head in amusement.

Soon the rest of the Hufflepuffs started introducing themselves to Harry while they all ate. It was at this point that Harry noticed Crystal had placed her leg against his, and occasionally tried to subtly touch their hands together.

He knew why, as a Siren she occasionally needed contact and not having contact would cause her a lot of physical pain, that's why in his original timeline she was so sick and weak and thin. He still thought she was beautiful but she could have been so much more beautiful if she was healthy.

Harry continued to talk to others but pressed the side of his hand against Crystals, she didn't remove her hand but looked at him with surprise. Harry shot her a quick wink before he continued talking with Susan Bones. Crystal couldn't help the blush that came on her face but hid it well and continued eating.

"Harry" Hannah said "what did you do the sorting hat?" Many people suddenly became quiet and listened in.

"Well, I wanted to go to Hufflepuff but it was arguing with me" Harry explained "and it was wasting my time, so I threatened him . I just showed him a few things I unintentionally walked in to."

"Were they that bad?" Susan asked

"A hat that has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years and has viewed many minds of many different people burst out in horror and shock and is refusing to come near me again. You tell me" Susan blushed a little in embarrassment

"With that being said, I am not telling anyone what those memories were because I'm locking them away in my mind, never to be viewed or thought of again. Because if I do then it's a coin flip between obliviating myself and jumping off the astronomy tower"

"That bad?" Crystal said sympathetically

"Finding a dead rat on the street is bad, finding a dead body is bad, discovering that a baby has pooped in your room is bad. What I saw was horrifying" Harry couldn't help the shudder that came over his body. "Anyway, forget me, actually I have a question. How fussed are you lot about winning the house cup and all that?"