Times have changed

It was midnight in the town of London, a cloudy night. Black smoky clouds covered the sky, no stars were in sight. Beggars would be lingering at this time of night including drunken people and a few stray animals looking for scraps of food and getting into fights. A horrible smell also aroused the city, the pollution was horrible at this time of era, much to the citizens disliking but they seem to be immune to it and carrying on with their business.

Eleanor Lovett was curled up in bed with her barber enjoying his presence. They were now having their slumber after they had their 'special time' together. They weren't married but they were courting, almost two months now. Nellie couldn't believe how close her and Sweeney have gotten, it wasn't until their first week of courting they started to sleep together. It might have sound quick and most couples would have prefer to take it slowly or do it after marriage, but Sweeney never took 'no' for answer and Nellie was ready whenever he was ready to rip her dress and attack her neck and breast with kisses. Although, Sweeney wasn't the type to be affectionate especially being in public. There were times where he would give her a short glance with his eyes that showed nothing but love, other times he would kiss her hand lightly and keep her hand in his grasp just so he could feel the warmth of her skin. It gave her butterflies whenever he did these small gestures, every little thing he did almost made her smile like a love struck teenager.

Though there were times he would be in a horrible mood, he still craved for bloodlust. Judge Turpin's blood. They may be living a happy and romantic life together but Sweeney still desires to get his revenge on the judge. Nellie was still a bit upset about this but she understood his reason. He may have moved on from his wife's passing but he will never forget what Judge Turpin did to create a monster Sweeney Todd has become.

She peeked her eyes open a bit to take a glance at the sleeping barber. She gave a small smile at the sight of him with his shirt off but facing the other side and only his back showing. Her smile soon turned to a frown as she looked at his back. The back of his frame was covered with scars, obviously they were old and they seemed to be from prison. The poor thing really has been through a lot from the past 15 years. She felt the need to touch those scars as if she could easily erase them with a swish of her finger to make them disappear but she knew he wouldn't like that, they may be comfortable touching each other but she knew better not to touch his sensitive areas, she learned that from her late husband Albert.

She pushed back a stray black curl that was on Sweeney's face and placed it back in his beautiful raven mane of hair with just a white streak in the middle. She never knew where he got that piece of white hair but she guessed it was from the trauma and stress of the Hell he's been through. She was growing a few bits a white hair herself but luckily they weren't visible and were easy to hide. She was becoming an old woman, only 42 years old and her bones weren't like they used to be but she is still consider young despite the fact she is receiving small wrinkles below her eyes and bits on her hands and her veins are starting to stick out a little. It almost pained her she was growing old, sometimes she wished she could go back to being a little girl where she still had plenty of energy to run through the fields and do so much more.

Yet, from all the signs of aging, Sweeney has made it clear to Nellie that she is one of the most beautiful creatures he's laid eyes on, a bloody wonder she is and how eminently practical yet appropriate she was. Even if she wasn't proper and didn't wear the usual fancy things a woman would wear, the demon barber continues to show his love for the baker and tell her how radiant and unique she was. It made her heart melt to hear those words from him. Knowing that he could still see the beauty in her and give her so much love and comfort, it made her love him a hundred times more.

Nellie decided it was time to sleep and she could stare at her barber another time and so she closed her eyes. Drifting off to sleep and dreamed of the fantasies her and Sweeney would achieved. Ever since she was a child, she dreamed of living by the sea with the man she loved and the children she'll have with him. Staring off at the beautiful sunset that would reflect on the ocean turning it to an orange color and the sand tickling her toes along with hearing the seagulls squawking and in the afternoon her and her family will walk on the pier with the ocean below them, feeling the mixture of the heat and a cold breeze blowing by them and wearing one of the most smashing outfits to show off and maybe someday have a special dance with her husband near the sea. Dancing in the sand as the sun sets, giving it a romantic tone and the waves crashing lowly below their feet and staring at one another with so much love that they couldn't believe it was real.