1• the murder

I woke up that morning to ungodly amounts of screaming and sounds of gunshots. My bedroom door was thrown open and I clutched my blanket and hid under the covers. My heart raced and palms started sweating. This is a terrible prank or a very bad nightmare. I squealed when a chamber maid yanked away the soft gold duvet that feigned me protection and she screamed at me like a mad women,
"Miss Adelaide the castle is under attack! Miss Adelaide ! Please you must hide!"

The maid who I recognized as Melinda was frantic and her face was bright red. My stomach churned and I rushed up out of bed to see younger brother Bellamy, 7 years old just then bursted into my room by a secret passage way in the wall crying and screaming for me. I could see the chaos outside, guards were running down the messy hall and there was so much shouting.

The noises in the castle got louder and sounds of feet seemed to be making their way towards us and fast. A guard rushed by and slammed my room door shirt. I grabbed Bellamy into my arms and with panic clear in my voice asked,
"Melinda what do we do? There's no escape from my room only a hidden room in the back of my closet. We'll be stuck there forever or die."

I started rambling but I doubt Melinda heard a word. She was shoving me into the closet the moment I mention it, she kissed Bellamy's forehead, looked me in the eyes and said,
"Princess Adelaide you are going to live. Don't make a sound."

I tightened my grip on Bellamy and opened the lock protected safety room in the back of my ballroom gown closet.

More noise was heard as I could hear my dressers and desks being thrown around the room. Melinda shouted,
"What are you doing?! The princess is not here!"

I strained to hear as I was in a bullet proof steel safe. I quickly punched in the lock so no one would could open it from the outside anymore. I shuddered at the thought of discovery and clutched onto Bellamy tighter as he whimpered still silently crying.

Laughter was heard, from the loudness of it I assumed there was at least more than 4 men probably armed heavily and my impeccably clean white and gold room destroyed.

"She has to be here, maid! Tell us and we'll spare you!" A man shouted.

Melinda spat back with fire, 
"She is not here! And the King and Queen will make sure to-" 

single shot was heard and from the thump on the ground, my stomach dropped.

come on Melinda come on

Nothing, just terrible deafening silence. My eyes started to water and for the first time that terrible morning I cried, I knew it would not be my last.

The crashing sounds of my belonging were getting louder and I knew they were making their way to my closets. I have three but they were bound to find us.

"Addie I want mommy!"
Bellamy cried hard and a little to loud of comfort.

"I know I do too but we have to be brave ok, right now we have to be really quiet and not say a single word. Can you do that for your big sister?"
I whispered to my scared little brother.

His green eyes still producing tears, nodded and buried his head into my stomach.

"Aye! Look at the collection of jewelry!"
An unknown male voice shouted.

My heart pace quickened and breath shortened. They made their way into the gown closet. If they were close to my jewelry they were close to where the vault was. We could be dead any minute now. The only thing separating us with a large glass case which contained my first ball gown.

Just as I thought they were leaving
gunshots were heard and more screaming and thumps of the ground and forgetting all about being silent, Bellamy and I jumped at every shot and screamed our heads off. We were going to die and this was the end. What was worse is that we didn't know a single thing that was happening in my very closet.
The sound of machine guns and shattering glass was all we could here for a solid twenty minutes and I could've sworn gunshots were being directly shot at the steel safe we were hiding in and with that I passed out.