.three

CHAPTER THREE"  I know you

CHAPTER THREE
I know you...  "

.• THE TWO CIVILIANS, THE GUARD AND MARA HAD ALL MADE IT TO THE STAIRCASE. Let's just say, it was a lot of stairs. At this point, the winged woman just wanted to fly up all of them, stretch her wings, you know? But she couldn't leave the people here, no way. "Stairs! That's more like it! Hasn't got legs- it's stuck!" The blond smiled. Somehow nobody had noticed Mara, not even the guard.

"It's coming! Get up!" The guard, the civilians and Mara all ran up the stairs while the Dalek came rolling in. The four watched in hope that it wouldn't be able to get up the stairs. Mara knew it would. I mean, it's an alien called a Dalek, it has a laser gun that electrifies people, it's a rolling pepper pot, it downloaded the whole internet in two seconds, and these idiots think it can't get up a few staircases?

The Dalek came to a slow stop while moving its eye stalk to look up at the four. "Great big alien death machine. Defeated by a flight of stairs!" The boy mocked, Mara almost wanted to hit him. He did know it had a laser gun, right? It could shoot him at any given moment. The guard looked down at the Dalek. "Now listen to me. I demand that you return to your Cage. If you want to negotiate, Mr Van Statten will be willing to talk. I accept that we imprisoned you, and maybe that was wrong..." Maybe? Maybe?! "But people have died, and that stops - right now. The killing stops. Have you got that? I demand that you surrender. Is that clear?"

"El-ev-ate" The Dalek's robotic voice spoke as it started to rise from the floor, the humans started to look worried while the Guard held up her gun. She was brave. "Oh, my god." The girl gasped when a hand grasped hers, she looked to her left now spotting Mara. "Adam, get her out of here!" The guard told the boy who didn't notice the woman.

"Run." The girl gasped before nodding and taking Adam up the stairs as the Dalek was slowly levitating slowly up the stairs. Turning to the guard, she noticed her scared yet brave face. "You're a brave woman, but come with us. Bullets won't stop it unless you know where to hit. Dalek's are almost unbeatable."

"Somebody's got to try. Now get out!" The guard yelled towards Mara who stood with a soft nervous smile. "I am so, so sorry." Mara nodded towards the Guard when she noticed the blond waiting for the woman. Running up the stairs, Mara grabbed her hand once more. "Trust me." The girl nodded while running to meet Adam who waited for them.

While running through the hallway, a loud scream erupted. It hurt. "I still don't know your name! I'm Rose, Rose Tyler!" The Blond, Mara now knew as Rose Tyler, shouted towards the brunette woman. She smirk down at her. "The Astronomer! Don't worry, it's a Time Lord thing, just call me Mara!" Rose looked as if she'd seen a ghost.

—————

"I thought you were the great expert, Doctor." Van Statten stood in front of the Doctor who looked at the computer screen while sitting down. "If you're so impressive, why not just reason with this Dalek? It must be willing to negotiate. There must be something it needs. Everything does."

"What's the nearest town?" The Doctor asked not looking up from the screen. Van Statten looked confused for a minute before answering. "Salt Lake City." "Population?" "One million." "All dead." He finally looked up from the computer screen before looking back down. "If the Dalek gets out, it'll murder every creature. That's all it needs."

"But why would it do that?!" Van Statten shouted angrily.

"Because it honestly believes they should die. Human beings are different, and anything different is wrong. It's the ultimate in racial cleansing, and you, Van Statten, you let it loose! They killed my... best friend for being different. She was like me, she's gone now. All because of them!"

—————

The three all ran through the longest hallway Mara had ever been in, or maybe that's because she was running through it. When all three of them got to the end, a group of armed guards, technicians, you name it, were all holding guns and aiming for them. "Hold your fire! You three get the hell out of here!" A guard who stood on the top floor yelled to them.

Starting to run again, all three ran to the other side of the room where an exit was but stopped to see what was going to happen. Suddenly, the Dalek came rolling in slowly. Mara squinted her eyes as she noticed it was looking right at Rose. But it didn't fire, only tuned its body to face the group. Adam grabbed Rose's hand. "It was looking at me." She shouted at him.

"Yeah, it wants to slaughter us!" Adam slowed down looking at the two females. "No, Adam, it was looking directly at her." Mara told him. He scoffed. "So? It's just a sort of metal eye thing, it's looking all around." Mara and Rose both shook their heads, disagreeing with the boy in front of them.

"I don't know. It's like there's something inside, looking at me, like... like it knows me." Rose stared at Adam who only scoffed.

"It was looking right at her, I know these thi-" "Yeah? Well, what do you know? You've been stuck in a glass box for ages, you don't know anything! You're just a dumb woman who thinks she knows everything!" Mara looked at him in shock.

"Well, I obviously know more than you. I know this thing because it killed my whole planet, my family and me, I'm not explaining to your brain, that's only filled with stupidity, what that means. You wouldn't understand anyway. You think every single living alien is a threat, don't you? Not all of them are, but this one, oh, this one, this one is a massive threat. We've got to go, now. Or do you have another reason why we should keep talking while it inches closer?"

"No." Adam shook his head making Mara nod and grab both Rose's hand and Adam's forearm.

———

Rose's phone started to ring as the four were climbing all the stairs. Mara wanted to just fly up with them in her arms. Opening her bag, she checked on Athena who slept like a baby in her bag. Lucky. "This isn't the best time!" Rose answered her phone.

"Where are you?" A voice asked on the other side, where did Mara recognise it?

"Level 49." Rose looked at the large 49 on the wall. Levels went backwards due to them being in an under bunker. If they were going to get any higher, they'd have to climb hundreds of stairs. "You've got to keep moving. The vault is being sealed off up at level 46."

"Can't you stop them closing?" Rose yelled into her phone, as they all ran up more stairs.

"I'm closing them. I can't wait, and I can't help you. Now for God's sake, run!" The man's voice echoed in Rose's ear as the three sped up, Mara slowed down to see where the Dalek was. "Mara! Hurry up!" Rose yelled down.

"Mara? Where do I recognise that name?"

"We're nearly there - give us two seconds!" Rose yelled as all three of them ran into a room where a door was just around the corner, the exit but the entrance to where this man was. Mara felt something, it was that wave again, but it was more powerful. It made her slow down. A large whirring sound entered her ears as both Rose and Adam got closer.
———————