Chapter Six: I'll Never See You Again

When I woke up, I didn't open my eyes right away. I wanted to sleep more, but I couldn't when I heard the endless chatter about... wait... me? "Come on! Just wake her up!" I heard Mylo whisper-yell. Deciding that I wanted to keep listening, I kept my eyes shut. "Hey! Let her have some rest, she's been through a lot. She might need time to adjust to this place, you know?" Vi said in the same tone. It made me happy knowing that she cared for me, but I also found it funny that they were arguing over this. As I kept listening to the two's little back-and-forth debate, I felt something wipe the side of my chin.
I opened my eyes to see Powder. The girl looked at me with a smile before waving at me. "Good morning, Y/n! You were drooling a little in your sleep so I decided to wipe your face." She greeted happily. I internally shuddered a little at the thought of me drooling. What if a bug made it into my mouth or something? I mean, that was highly unlikely, but still! The sounds of Vi and Mylo arguing stopped as I sat up, patting Powder's head while doing so. "Good morning..." I said with a knowing smile. Vi sighed while laughing, a light blush spread over her cheeks. "Good morning to you too, Amber. Here is your breakfast, catch." She said while throwing a paper bag at me. As I caught it, it felt light, but the exterior was a little hard. "Thanks," I said before opening the bag. It was some bread. Not pretty, but this isn't Piltover. I thought before holding the bottom part with the rest of the bag and eating the part that stood up.
Vi stared at me for a moment before nodding. "The enforcers will find us in no time if we stay here. Come on, let's go." She said before handing me my backpack. 

Exiting the 'bedroom' we walked down a few roads. It was early morning, so the sky was brighter. It was a very light green due to the toxins, and it was a little difficult to keep up with the others. For some reason, the air felt different down this road. Was it a gas condensing? It wasn't like on the roof or the streets last night. The smoke from last night still lingered in the air, and my body didn't like the feeling of thick air going into my lungs. So, a coughing fit started, stopping the entire group. It burned my lungs whenever I tried stopping to breathe normally. How could they breathe so effortlessly in these conditions?
Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Vi looking down at me, worried. "Are you alright, Amber?" She asked, looking at me for the issue. I shook my head. "I *cough* I'm having iss- *cough* *cough* I-issues breathing- *cough*" I tried saying through my coughing fit. Looking around, I saw the rest of the gang looking at me confused. I tried standing up, but the violent coughs from my system just wouldn't stop. "Uh, Powder. Do you have a cloth?" Vi asked while looking back. Then, I felt something soft press up over my hand-covered mouth. I let my hand hold the cloth in place over my mouth and nose, and tried catching my breath. In a little while, I was okay. "Piltover lungs..." Mylo commented as Vi helped me back on my feet. "Let's be real here, the air is extremely thick, even for us right now. There must have been a gang doing something here last night." She said before trying to get us all through a room before I got any worse.

As we entered, I removed the cloth and looked around. This place looked pretty fun. It had some large machine that looked like it had a life of its own, an arcade machine, and some fake guns sitting on a counter. I walked up to the side of the large, red-ish, machine with curious eyes. "Is this... the machine?" I asked as I walked up to it, touching the different cushions. Suddenly, I heard a noise, and a bag attached to a stick came lunging at me. Moving my head to the side, the thing missed me by a thread. Then, more started coming at me, and I panicked. "Uh- Woah! V-Vi?!" I called out to her as I kept trying to dodge.
I heard her chuckle from behind me. "Punch the face!" She yelled. My eyes started around confused before it landed on a plate that kind of looked like Mylo. Going for the punch, I forgot one of the cushions was going towards me, and it slammed my body to the left, making me land on the ring... ouch. The machine stopped, and the only thing I heard was my heart racing. I stood at looked at Vi with an angry expression. "Have you lost your mind?!" I yelled. She stopped in her tracks with her hands up. "Relax, at least you can dodge, right?" Vi said playfully before grabbing a pair of boxing gloves. "I'll show you how a real pro does it, I mean, look at the scoreboard!" She said while using her mouth to tighten the gloves. I looked up at the scoreboard to see mostly Vi's name all over it. Some were Claggor's scores, but they were all at the bottom.