━ Chapter Six

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━VI

VI. 𝗔𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗮𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝗞𝘆𝗼𝘀𝗵𝗶 𝗜𝘀𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 𝗔𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗮𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝗞𝘆𝗼𝘀𝗵𝗶 𝗜𝘀𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE WEEKS FOLLOWING THE RUN IN WITH BOTH THE AVATAR AND ZHAO HAD GROWN LONG AND EXHAUSTING. Each moment Zuko grew more and more restless, itching to get his hands on his golden ticket home. His anger was uncontainable. He was a tiresome boy to deal with when he was having one of his moments, but Iroh and Akemi tried their hardest (the former more successfully than the latter).

The fifteen year old quickly realised that she was her brother's main outlet for said anger. He was not cruel to her in the ways her books had entailed, violently beating women for the slightest misstep and still remaining somewhat heroic. No, Zuko was still a child beneath his hardened exterior and, as a child, he could never quite fathom up anything so cruel to do to her. It was the small things. He would shout at her when she got a little bit too invasive, give her a harder-than-intended shove at most, a gentle brush to his shoulder for comfort or a small hug would set him off the worst.

Akemi supposed the worst he had done was when he had dragged her by her arm along with him and heated up his skin enough to leave ghastly burns along her pale skin. He had been apologetic (in his own way, of course), but Akemi had done her very best to, unsuccessfully, hold a grudge for at least a couple days. But she loved him too much to leave his side for too long. Because that was exactly where she felt she belonged in that moment, and it was where she had thought she would remain for the rest of her life. Perhaps, once they returned and their father had passed, Zuko would rule with her as his right hand woman, that would always end with Akemi being more of the diplomat and Zuko being more war orientated (as he was in that moment). But throughout her childhood her mother had always wanted them to, she had always wished all three of her children could take the throne together and form a bond like no other, but alas, it was never to happen as long as Ozai held even a slither of their minds.