i

Me: Good afternoon, miss cee! It's such a pleasure to finally be able to have a chance of interviewing you!

Cee: Good afternoon! The pleasure is mine. Thank you for having the time to have this interview with me, too.

Me: So first things first. We are going to discuss your newly finished book – Destination XYZ. How did you come up with the title?

Cee: Actually, I was listening to "Magbalik" by Callalily when I was jotting down the plot... I was supposed to be titling it "End of the world" since I originally planned to write down the lyrics from the song by the Carpenters. But when I saw the album "Magbalik" was from, I decided to title it Destination XYZ. The meaning of the title was really spontaneous when I decided right then and there.

Me: Wow! I love the spontaneity! So next question, what inspired the idea for your book?

Cee: Some of the lines in the book actually happened in real life. Some of the events there happened to me. I have also written a book called Anticipate. The same goes for there. All the kilig stuff that happened in my life made it to Anticipate and those who are kind of painful went to DXYZ.

Me: Okay. Wow. So, both your books are actually based on your IRL experiences! Next question, Which part of the book did you have the hardest time writing? Why?

Cee: The part where I wrote the hardest would be.... The second both of them realized that it's better to let each other go. I think in that part, it mirrored how we (an IRL) handled the situation.

Me: That must have been quite an IRL experience you went through there! As the song says, "pinagtagpo pero hindi tinadhana". Next question, which part of the book was the most fun to write? Why?

Cee: That will probably be the kilig moments! The letters, the banats, and just the happy details that Riny and Regy spent together.

Me: Hahaha! Those kilig moments are to die for!

Me: Next question, would you and your main character/s get along?

Cee: Probably yes. Riny and I would get along since she's a pediatric surgeon and I am studying to be one. Regy and I... We might get along? But not as much as Riny. I am not that talkative in person but I do like to listen.

Me: Oh! That's interesting! Quick question: what would Regy have to do to be chums with you?

Cee: Treat me to some cheesecake and coffee😉

Me: Ooh... perfect answer!

Me: Next q, if you could meet your characters in real life, what would you say to them?

Cee: To Riny... Hmmm... I would say that I feel her. The doubts, the hesitations, and all those whizz. I understand her and everything will be fine in the end. I also want to thank her for being true to herself.

To Regy... Thank you for trying. For giving your all before giving up. I know letting go is not that easy but, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Me: I'm reliving that pain again when they let each other go! Those two must have been really strong.

Okay, next q: if you were to write a spin-off about a side character, which would you pick?

Cee: It would be Rhiane. HAHAHAHAHAH you might know why...

Me: Oooh! That sounds juicy. Would you care to divulge little details for our readers?

Cee: Rhiane and Gio's love story is somewhat alike to their parents but this time, a little less pain and hurting.🤣

Me: That's a pretty exciting notion to think about (and hopefully, look forward to)!