ᴠᴀʟᴇɴᴛɪɴᴇ'ᴤ ᴅᴀʏ ᴤᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ

Ok, so before this chapter starts— Happy late Valentine's Day 🥲

This is just a random chapter and it's not really apart of the story— I just wanted to do a small, but special update while I'm working on Chapter 5

=======================

Valentine's Day. The word echoed in your mind happily for the first time in awhile. You never really thought of this day to be too special, but this time, it made you finally appreciate its significance. And even though you didn't have a significant other to spend it with, you have your friends; and that's what you were looking forward to.

In your truck, you were listening to requested love songs that were playing for the occasion. It usually bothered you with the weird lyrics (since love songs these days have to attract and relate to the younger generation), but this year brought you some hope as they began to play the more older Valentine hits. You we're listening along as you're heading to work, smiling as you were thinking about your coworker friends. Gladly, not too long ago, you just came from the store as you bought some small boxes of chocolates with some cheesy Valentine cards that you'd pass out in elementary school— contained with assorted horrible puns. It wasn't much, but it's the thought that counts, right?

When arriving to your parking spot, you grabbed your belongings along with the Valentine goodies. You began to imagine their reactions to the silly cards that you got. Them tittering— or even laughing at your humor that were in the form of Valentine cards. Hopefully it will make their day better, because seeing their happiness would sure make your whole month— or maybe even your year better than the last few years you've spent Valentine's Day alone at home.

"Hey, (Y/N)!"

You look at where the source of the calling came from, and to your surprise, it was Mike. You were even more surprised that you were already inside the building without your own knowledge. He paced his way over to you, a big grin prominent and shining with positivity.

"Happy Valentine's Day, (Y/N)!~"

Now it was your turn to grin, and instantly, you reached into the grocery bag to grab a box and a random little card. Mike watched in anticipation as he waited for what you were grabbing. When you had the two items in your grasp, you pulled them out, then offered them to him. He looked at the items shocked, not moving to grab them.

"For m-me?"

Mike pointed at himself with sweat lightly running down his forehead. You nodded and gestured for him to take your gifts. A blush crept onto his face as he was flustered that you would have the time to get him a gift. He was hesitant, but he took the items with acceptance.

"T-thank you, sunshine."

Your eyes widened, he just called you sunshine— he never called you by any sort of nickname until now. It... honestly sounded nice, you liked it.

"OH— UH— I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for that to slip out!"

Mike's flustered state made you giggle in amusement, but you waved it off without much fuss. Seeing your positive reaction calmed him down, glad that you didn't respond with disgust.

"Umm, I didn't get you anything— BUT— I promise that I will, a-and I'm sure that you'll like it! But for now..." Mike looked to the side in thought, deciding on what he should say, "t-take this."

And then Mike leaned in and engulfed you in a hug. You weren't used to physical contact, so it was sure of a shock to have him hug you. But, out of curtesy, you hugged back confusingly, honestly hoping that you were hugging him correctly without making him uncomfortable.