𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

NIGHTMARE 00 : 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 !

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

      YOONSEO WAS NOT DREAMING, no, he wasn't. It felt too real to be a dream and even if it was, he would've already woken up by now due to the words that Byeongchan said repeating all by itself in his head like a chanting spell. Feeling his chest squeeze, Yoonseo suddenly forgot how to breathe as a chill crawls up his skin.

      "Jinsu's gone."

      They were uttered such grimly by the father who tried to make everything right, who tried to go against the system, who tried to save his son that couldn't fight against those bullies in fear. Who tried to change the system by doing everything he can.

      Byeongchan was a great man, Yoonseo knew. He tried to fight for his son that was too afraid to fight back. He spoke up, choosing to do the right thing. Who didn't choose the right thing was the people that they called for help from so desperately like a hungry puppy asking their owner to be fed. They begged, and begged, and beggedー but only fell into deaf ears until they eventually gave up.

      Yoonseo finally let out the breath he didn't know he was holding, a sob forcing its way through his throat despite his attempts to hold it in. And another, then another, and another until they turned into an anguish cry of pain and grief. His heart shattered like a plate that was thrown on the floor which can no longer be repaired. With his knees growing weak, Yoonseo collapses on the floor as Byeongchan engulfs him in an embrace, tears overflowing from his eyes, crying as quietly as a human being can.

      Yoonseo's cries were almost as loud as multiple explosions going all over the place, and Byeongchan was certain their neighbors could hear it clearly yet he refused to scold the devastated boy.

      "Why-" Yoonseo chokes on his own tears, "Why Jinsu? Why him? Why-" He sobbed, question after question spilling from his lips, as if compelled to utter them.

      Byeongchan gritted his teeth. All of them have asked why. 

      Jinsu questioned the world, why did it have to be him of all people. Why did people enjoy making a misery out of him. Why was he picked to be the target to let out their pent-up rage. Byeongchan questioned the world, why did it have to be his son. Why did they treat his son like a toy. Why were they so cruel to his son who was just trying to live. Yoonseo questioned the world, why Jinsu and not him. Why did they worship him yet derogate Jinsu. Why did they lend a helping hand when he needed, but pulled Jinsu into the mud when he was the one that asked for help.