Chapter 42

The sky was already dark but the whole garden was lit up with tiny golden lights and lanterns.

Luis, being the best guy friend of Sarah's was hosting the reception. Everyone was seated in their respectively assigned tables, as they waited for the newlyweds to appear, while hired waiters and waitresses served food all around.

"Goodevening, mga kapamilya, kafriendships, katropa, kaleaga, kaaway, di joke lang, walang kaaway, hehehe, at kung anu-ano pa mang ka-kaka dyan", Luis greeted the guests. People laughed. "Welcome, to my bestfriend's wedding!", people laughed some more. "Before we give you the lovely newlyweds, let's take a look at this."

And on a huge flat screen by the center, a very short animated film started playing. The story of Pandada and Biddie came to life.

Sarah was surprised. People immediately fell in love with it.

And then the photos and video stills from their prenup session, surfaced in between interviews on their loved ones and friends.

"O diba, ang cute lang ng ating coaches", Luis said, "Pandada at Biddie! Yihiieee!", lakas ng tawa ng mga tao. "Kalain mo, nagkatuluyan din sila? Sinong magaakala? Ako nga na bestfriend ni Sars, walang kaalam alam eh! Hahaha, di seriously, pero it's a very pleasant surprise naman talaga! Dahil of course, sa tatlong taon ng pinagpapantasa ng mga tao na magkatuluyan ang ating Pop and Rock Royalties, eh finally, dininig ang ating mga dasal!", tawanan nanaman ang mga tao. "Thank you, Lord!", tawa pa more ang mga tao kay Luis. "Pero eto na talaga, sensiya na, inaaliw ko lang kayo, kahit labag sa kalooban ko, chos", he paued as more laughter errupted, tumingin siya sa banda sa may side ng stage. "Eto na pinakahihintay naten, let's give it up for Mr and Mrs Francisco Gaudencio Lupe Bellardo Manalac! Wooohh! Ang haba nun, ah!", he mada gesture of wiping his brow and catching his breath, while people burst into more laughter.

And the band started playing The Turtles' Happy Together, in a much more upbeat tempo.

Bamboo appeared on the left side without Sarah, to the crowd's confusion. And instead of dancing, he was holding a mic and he began to sing and walked on the stage.

Bamboo:
Imagine me and you, I do
I think about you day and night, it's only right
To think about the girl you love and hold her tight
So happy together

Bamboo walked to the right side of the stage and he appeared with Sarah, holding her hand. Sarah took off her ball skirt so that her tube gown became a tube dress with a pencil cut mini skirt that came down to the middle of her thighs. And she began to sing as they walked in thmiddle of the stage, hand in hand.

Sarah:
If I should call you up, invest a dime
And you say you belong to me and ease my mind
Imagine how the world could be, so very fine
So happy together

To the crowd's delight, they began dancing, in Bamboo's way, hehehe.

Together:
I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

Bamboo:
Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be

Sarah:
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

Together:
I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

So happy together
How is the weather
So happy together
We're happy together
So happy together
Happy together
So happy together
So happy together (ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba)

More claps, more cheers, more laughter. Lahat ng tao ay napaindak din sing and dance number nila.

Sarah danced with her father while Bamboo waltzed with his mom and Sarah's.

They cut the cake, drank wine and a few of their closest friends gave thr speeches.

Inikot nila Bamboo and Sarah ang bawat table to have their pictures taken with them, as they personally handed out the souvenirs.

Afterwards, Sarah sat on a chair in the middle as Bamboo felt her left leg up to take the garter off. People went wild as Bamboo, the ever tease, made a show of caressing Sarah's leg and thigh. Sarah was just laughing. When he grabbed the garter from above her thigh, he bent his head suddenly and proceeded to take the garter off with his teeth, all the way down to her leg and glass slippered foot. He stood up andwaced the garter above his head, as the crowd cheered on.

The single men formed a circle as the garter got passed around while the band played a playful music in the background.

Christian was the last one holding the garter when the band stopped playing. His face was red as the men teased him on.

Then it was the single ladies turn. They formed a line as Sarah turnd her back and prepared to toss the single blue tulip.

It landed straight onto Rachel's hands. Dumami ang tuksuhan. Awkward na nagkatinginan sina Christian and Rachel. Lol.

It was close to 12 midnight when they took the stage from Luis to say their final thank yous.

"We'd like to thank everyone who has been a part of our journey", Bamboo said over the mic, smiling. "I know, hindi naging madali lahat ng preparations nato, espcially kulang talaga sa time, kaya laking pasasalamat namin sa mga naka-attend kahit short notice pa, hahaha. This means a lot to us, really. Our families and friends, in and out of the business, thank you! Thank you! Ashboo!", sabay turo niya sa isang table kung saan naghihiyawan ang grupo ng kababaihan, hohoho. "Thank you sa inyo, lovely ladies! We owe you so much!" And he waved.

Sarah took the mic from him and faced the crowd, smiling. "Yes, ang aming mahal na mahal na Ashboo supporters, again maraming salamat sa walang sawang pagtangkilik at pagsubaybay nyo sa aming dalawa!", she paused and continued, "Ako personally, I'd like to thank my family, sina Mama, Papa, ate Shine, for my wedding gown! Hahaha! Gab.... Alam kong kahit nagkaasawa nako, adyan parin kayo di lg para sakin kundi pati narin kay Bamboo. Sa family ni Bamboo, na family ko narin, hehehe.... Salamat sa pagtanggap ng walang alinlangan. Sa aming mga kaibigan, grabe, nauna niyo pang nalaman na ikakasal nako, kesa sakin! Hahaha!", and people started to laugh again. "Sayo, kuya Pancho", she turned to Pancho who's sitting with his wife, and he seemed surprised that Sarah singled him out, "salamat ng marami sayo. Alam kong katuwang ka ng asawa ko sa lahat, di lang sa paghahanda nitong kasal na ito. The best ka, kuya Panch! Mahal na mahal ka namin", she smiled tenderly at him, and Pancho looked suddenly embarrassed and close to tears. His wifewas laughing and patting his knee. Bamboo was grinning beside Sarah, looking at Pancho.

And then Sarah turned to Bamboo. "At sayo, mister ko", she said that so sweetly that the crowed went, 'Aawww', "thank you kase pinasaya mo ko, at dahil mahal moko, at saka dumating ka sa buhay ko...." Bamboo grabbed the mic from her suddenly and said, "Gusto mo lang ng kiss, eh!", he wiggled his eyebrows and grinned at her.

Sarah's eyes widened. She pinched him on his side. "Aba, ikaw!", sabay hampas pa sa braso. Tawa ng tawa ang mga tao.

"Ooww!", Bamboo winced, "manghihingi ka na nga lang ng kiss, mananakit ka pa talaga, eh, no?!" Lalong lumakas ang tawanan.

Sarah looked indignant, but before she could protest, Bamboo grabbed her by the waist, bent her backwards and gave her a very long and deep smooch on the lips. And the crowd went wild again.