Meeting Hagrid

I just couldn't believe my eyes at first. I mean I knew he was large being a half giant and all but holy hell the books didn't describe him perfectly. With his bushy black hair and beard that hides most of his face, along with his black beetle like eyes which were crinkled with warmth and not to mention the way he towered over everyone else; he was definitely intimidating even though I knew he wouldn't even accidentally hurt a fly or in this case a dragon. I was so stupified with Hagrid's appearance that I didn't notice the black messy haired teen but he noticed me and it was his voice that broke me out of my staring.
"Mione? What are we doing here Hagrid? What's going on?" Harry said.
As soon as I heard him I realised that I was infact going to accompany the Harry Potter to his first ever visit in the wizarding world. I didn't know how to feel about that because on one hand I was definitely exhilarated but there was also this fear in the back of my mind because I had already changed the plot before it even began but now that we were going to Hogwarts, things were getting dangerous, since I had no doubt that if Voldemort even accidentally found out the truth about me it was only a matter of time before I ended up dead and I definitely didn't want Voldy obsseseing over me to add to my list of worries. At that moment I made a vow to myself to try my hardest to not change the plot and yet try my best to save everyone I could. I mean I knew that I couldn't save everyone like for example Dumbledore's death was just too important for the setting but people like Cedric or Sirius or Mad- Eye or the people who died during the Hogwarts battle like Remus or Tonks or Fred or even Lavender; I was going to save them along with Snape if possible because I honestly felt pity for that man, sure he was horrible to his students but he had a reason to and while it doesn't justify his behaviour, being rude doesn't give you a death sentence.

" Hello. You must be Hermione Granger. I'm Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts but you can just call me Hagrid." The half giant said. And that was only when I realised how rude I was being not even inviting them in jeez. So I politely invited them in ignoring Harry's question for now. But Hagrid said that we were already behind the schedule and that we should hurry up. I then quickly grabbed my bag while locking the door with a spare key 🗝️ that my parents didn't take with themselves. While doing that I asked Hagrid where we were going and when he replied London, I asked if we were going find all the magical stuff there even if I knew the answer to that. Hagrid on the other hand just chuckled and said if we knew where to go.

After we started going to the train station Harry kept glancing at me from the corner of his eye when he thought I wasn't looking. I knew he was bursting with questions so to save the trouble, I asked him whether he was a wizard 🪄 too. And when he looked shocked I explained that how on my eleventh birthday a strange woman came at our house claiming to be a witch along with me and how my parents didn't believe her but then she did magic and they had to believe her. I also told him everything she told me about the wizarding world because I had the thought that Hagrid wasn't very good at explaining and judging by his awed gaze I knew I was right. Soon very quickly we sat on the metro and then Hagrid asked Harry to check the whole letter ✉️ for all the things needed for the first years. While he looked at his letter, I opened mine and unfolded the second piece of paper 📜 I hadn't see before.

It went on about all the things first years needed and that was when I realised that I had to wait more 2 yrs to get my pet cat🐈

It went on about all the things first years needed and that was when I realised that I had to wait more 2 yrs to get my pet cat🐈. It was so not fair and that brought me to think about Hedwig and how Hagrid brought her for Harry's 11th birthday. I then realised something which made me stutter a gasp. Today was Harry's birthday 🎂 and I hadn't even wished him. I quickly turned to Harry who was already looking at me for some strange reason and when he saw that I was looking back he turned a lovely shade of red that could match the Weasleys and looked away. I quickly grabbed Harry hand which was resting on the seat between us and wished him Happy Birthday 🎉. He looked at me suprised since he probably forgot that it was his birthday today with all the things happening. He managed to stammer out a thanks but I wasn't having any of it and I told him that as my birthday gift I was going to get him any magical gift he wanted. He tried to refuse saying he didn't want me to waste my precious mone on him but I didn't listen and he finally gave up saying something along the lines of stubborn witch.
Suddenly Hagrid inturupted us saying that I would make a lovely Gryffindor with that stubborness, which made me and Harry jump a bit since we kind of forgot that he was here in the first place. I could see that Harry was going to ask what even was Gryffindor but the train came to a halt before he could.

After leaving the underground, we walked around a bit and I could see Harry sticking close to both Hagrid and me because he hadn't been in London before unlike me. Soon we stopped at a place which Hagrid mentioned was the famous Leaky Cauldron, a grubby little pub with a big book shop on one side and a record shop on the other. I kinda zoned out of there convo because this was it. I was going to my first magical place because no muggles could see the place and before I could get lost in my thoughts, Hagrid opened the door of the Leaky Cauldron and I could hear quiet murmurs of conversations coming from inside.
I glanced at Harry on my side looking just as nervous I did if not more and I gently took his hand and lightly squeezed his fingers, giving him a comforting smile before taking my hand from his ignoring the loss of warmth there and together we stepped into the Leaky Cauldron.

************************************

Sorry for the delay guys.🥺 My second term evaluation exams are starting in a few weeks and my parents wouldn't trust me near a phone until exams are over so, this chapter is kinda a secret from them.
Wish me luck for the exams everyone. I'm pretty certain I need it. So, keep ur fingers crossed🤞.

Mischief Managed