Chapter 8

𝓓𝓲𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓣𝓸 𝓐𝓷𝔂𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮✿✼:*゚:

✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

Calming down was something that her Tia Pepa has always done in the past and if Isabela was going to be honest she had always thought that it would be an easy task, it's just controlling and suppressing your emotions right? Yet she found it difficult, currently pacing the spot she had assigned for your meet up, a little habit she had discovered that she does when she's nervous.

"You can do this Isabela, you've literally practiced with Camilo as Y/n, as embarrassing as that sounds. You've prepared for this, so breathe," she told herself recalling what she had rehearsed, as she stopped pacing and settled down under the shade of the tree, closing her eyes as she rested her head on the old bark. She inhaled through her nose out her mouth slowly, feeling all the greenery around her through her gift as well as the calm wind swifting through her skin. She's finally at ease, but only for quite a few beats of a moment as your voice reaches her ears, making her sit up straight and train her eyes at you.

"I guess your favorite time of the day would have to be 3:30 in the afternoon," You said a few feet away from her, smiling softly, carrying yourself in a relaxed stance unlike the powerful woman, a bouquet of pale and dark red flowers clutched in your hand.

"Uh, sit please," she said, stumbling with her words, patting the area beside her as she took her eyes off you, training it towards the horizon, trying not to stare. She senses your warmth as you sit beside her, even hearing a soft sigh leaving your lips.

Silence coated the area, but it was a pleasant kind of tranquility, one that's mysteriously friendly, safe and risky, but now it wasn't confusing, as it had been a silence that was long there. A familiar silence, a familiar feeling.

"Well, I guess you know who I am now," Isabela said as she fondled the tips of her beautifully flowing hair, deciding on breaking the silence.

"Yellow daisies," you replied, barely louder than a whisper. "Lakeside daisies to be exact. They're flowers that represent happiness and joy, sometimes friendship as well. They're beautiful Isabela, I've always loved the color yellow, but despite that I would like to tell you that they blew your cover," you said chuckling happily as you turned your head to the side wanting to watch her reaction. Prompting her to look back at you, a befuddled expression on her face.

"By the second or third bouquet I already had hunches that it was you sending them. Lakeside daisies are the rarest daisies out there and can only be plucked from the Great Lakes region of North America, wherever that is. So, I thought that it just had to be from one of the powerful Madrigals, one that grew flowers I would presume." You said smiling, looking at her eyes, watching it study your face, searching for something, making you feel nervous for a moment thinking your act has been foiled.

"You're having second thoughts," Isabela said as a statement, not questioning, as her eyes were still studying your face, "You said you knew it was me but why do I sense that you don't believe that fact wholly?" the woman added, directing her eyes back at yours.