𝟐. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

————————————————————————

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 fell out of Mavis's locker as she kept trying to shut her locker.  She was unlucky with her locker selection as no one else seemed to have any issues with their lockers, only Mavis.  It would tend to get stuck every time she'd attempt to close it, even causing her to sometimes be late for her next period.  At this point, nobody spares her a glance as this seems to happen to her every morning.  However, she'll have her fair share of rude comments.

"I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public." A boy commented rather loudly, laughing with his group of friends before continuing his way down the hall.

"Asshole," Mavis muttered.

Mavis finally got her locker shut as she looked down to see that all her books had fallen.  As she bent down to pick them up, a foot kicked one of them out of her reach.  She looked up to see that it was Tommy, one of Steve's friends.  His girlfriend, Carol, was snickering at the girl.

"Oops, my bad." Tommy apologized, although Mavis knew it wasn't sincere.

"Dude, cut the shit." Steve squeezed through Tommy and Carol, walking over to the book that got kicked and picked it up.  He walked over to Mavis as she finished collecting the rest of her books, standing up to see Steve handing her English book back.

"Thanks." Mavis nodded, grabbing her book.  She then spotted Barbara and Nancy behind Steve's shoulder.  Barbara seemed to be quizzing Nancy, most likely for an upcoming test.  Steve noticed that she was looking behind him and turned around as well, he then motioned for Mavis and his friends to come with him as he began to approach the two girls.

"A molecule that can-" Barbara was interrupted by Steve who took the cards that she was holding out of her hands.

"Hey!" Nancy said.  As Tommy passed Barbara, he stuck his finger in her ear, following Steve.  Barbara wiped her ear with disgust as Nancy's full attention was now on Steve.

"I think you've studied enough, Nance," Steve said as he looked through the cards.  Mavis caught up with them, right behind Carol.  She stood next to Barbara, giving her a tight smile.

"Steve-" Nancy began.

"I'm telling you, you know, you got this." Steve interrupted, looking up at Nancy, "Don't worry.  Now, on to more important matters.  Our dad has left town on a conference and our mom's gone with him, cause, you know, she doesn't trust him." He began, motioning to him and Mavis every time we used the word "We".

"Good call." Tommy grinned.

"What an idiot." Mavis shook her head, glaring at Tommy.  Barbara snorted from next to her.