𝟑. 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲, 𝐉𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲

—————————————————————————

𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 and loud talking were all you could hear in the hallway as Mavis walked to her locker.  She debated stopping at Barbara's house but decided against it, figuring that she'll just talk to her at school.  She still found it very odd that she had left so suddenly, but she couldn't blame her.

"Hey." A voice startled Mavis out of her thoughts.  She turned to see none other than Nancy Wheeler, now walking next to her. 

"Um, hi," Mavis muttered, not understanding why she was even talking to her in the first place.

"I wanted to ask you something," Nancy said, looking around nervously.  Mavis assumed it was about Barbara, to which Mavis probably didn't have an answer.

"What is it?" Mavis asked.

"You didn't... tell anyone, right?" Nancy asked awkwardly, fiddling with the straps of her backpack as she followed Mavis to their lockers.

"Tell anyone what?" Mavis wondered aloud, not knowing what she meant.

"You know, about... Steve and I." Nancy confirmed, looking around to make sure nobody heard them.

"Oh, God.  Ew, no!  Why would I willingly share that with anybody?  Did you forget that he's my brother?" Mavis gagged, being just a tad dramatic, but also loud.  Nancy shushed her, shoving her arm slightly to shut her up.

"Okay, okay.  I figured you didn't.  I was just making sure.  I don't know why but I just feel like everyone's watching me." Nancy said honestly as they reached her locker.

"Well, I highly doubt Steve said anything." Mavis shrugged, kind of wanting to end the conversation since they were discussing her brother having sex.

"Hey!" Steve interrupted the two, pushing Nancy's locker open fully once she unlocked it.  Nancy jumped at the sudden sound, whipping her head to look at her boyfriend.

"Hey." Nancy laughed nervously.  Steve looked at his younger sister, wondering why they were talking together since he knew they weren't really friends.  However, he didn't mention it.

"Is everything okay?" Steve asked, noticing how jumpy Nancy was.

"Yeah!  Yeah, totally.  I just... I feel like everyone's... staring at me." Nancy admitted, looking around at all the students walking by them.

"Oh, I didn't... I didn't tell anyone." Steve assured.

"I know.  Of course not." Nancy shook her head, looking down.

"And I assume Mavis didn't either." Steve raised an eyebrow at his sister.

"Okay, this is my cue to leave." Mavis decided, walking past the couple and making her way to her own locker.  There was still no sign of Barbara, upsetting Mavis but deciding she'll find her at one point during the day.