Chapter 1: Tourist Trapped

A/N
Any text in italics, like this, will symbolize narration. Cool? Cool.

"Ah, summer break. A time for leisure, recreation, taking 'er easy, and spending time with family and your mates. Unless, of course, you're me."

Without warning, a golf cart bursts through a sign that reads "Welcome to Gravity Falls!" Driving the cart is a teenage boy with blonde hair and a soul patch. He wears a black shirt that looks like it was made out of the rug at an 80's arcade, black jeans with a rip in the right knee, and black converse. Next to him are two smaller children, a boy with short, brown hair, wearing an orange shirt with a blue vest, gray shorts, and black shoes, and a girl with long, brown hair wearing a purple sweater with a pink cat on it, a green skirt, black shoes, and yellow star earrings. They appear to be driving away from some kind of monster.

"It's getting closer!" The girl shouts, looking behind the cart.

"Can't this thing go faster?" The brown-haired boy asks, his voice full of panic.

"It's a bloody golf cart. I'm shocked we're going this fast," the teen replies with a distinct Australian accent, his grip on the steering wheel tightening.

The monster tries to grab the golf cart but barely misses.

"My name is Noah Taylor. The girl about to puke and the boy freaking out are my newfound mates and roomies, Dipper and Mabel Pines. Now, you may be asking yourself, 'Why the bloody hell are we in a golf cart being chased by a giant monster?'"

 Now, you may be asking yourself, 'Why the bloody hell are we in a golf cart being chased by a giant monster?'"

The monster grabs a tree and throws it, blocking the path of the three young heroes.

"Look out!" Mabel yells, pointing at the tree.

"Bloody hell... Alright, hang on everybody!" Noah takes a sharp turn, causing the Pines Twins to almost fall out of the cart.

"Surprisingly enough, there's actually an explanation for all this."

"Right, let's rewind." The scene rewinds itself to show Noah in his home by himself. "You may be wondering about my accent. Short answer: my mum was Australian. It all started when my mum and stepdad got into an... accident. With no immediate family around to take care of me, I was sent up north to the sleepy town of Gravity Falls, Oregon, to live with my godfather. It was here I met Mabel and Dipper. They told me their parents sent them up to live with their great-uncle, Stanford Pines, for the summer. As it turns out, Stan was actually my godfather."

We see Mabel, Dipper, and Noah in their room, Mabel hanging up posters. "This attic is amazing. Check out all my splinters!" Mabel holds up her hands, revealing giant splinters sticking out of them.