Chapter 1

Above is the image that inspired this.

-------------------

"...Oh, you're in Mr. Cassian's class?"

"Yeah...why are you looking at me like that? Oh no, please don't tell me he's a bad professor!"

"No, he's one of the best professors here."

"...Then why are you looking at me like that? Isn't that a good thing?"

"Yes and no."

"Fucking hell! Can you please just spit it out?!"

"Fine. He's a fucking brilliant teacher and I don't expect you to last more than a week unless he deems you worthy, and even if he does I don't expect you to last more than two unless you're both insanely dedicated and lucky as fuck."

"Excuse me—"

"You heard about that famous combat prodigy, right? The one that always boasted about his wins and how amazing he was?"

"Yeah, but what's that got—"

"He left Cassian's class in tears and a stretcher. Hadn't even been here for a week."

"...Hold up—"

"Oh, and Cassian filmed the entire...lesson...and posted it to the student discord."

"...Um, aren't students the only ones invited to that?"

"Yep."

"But then how—"

"Cassian's that professor that nearly everyone likes unless they're one of his students. Or if he offered to help fix the size of their ego. The few that both like him and are his students are complete psychos."

"...He's the reason that there are so many available spots in the combat program, isn't he?"

"Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't a genius."

"...I'll be sure to keep that in mind."

"Just like you'll keep in mind the fact that the bell's going to ring in about two minutes and Cassian's class is on the other side of the campus?"

"...I'm a dead man walking, aren't I?"

"Eh. I'd tell him the truth and nothing but the truth. The guy can smell lies."

"...You sound like you're speaking from experience."

"Oh, would you look at that! Time to head to class!"

"Hey! Wait—"

"Bye! See you later!"

"ARGH!"

Later, in Cassian's class:

"Hey, Professor. I got the copies you asked for—"

"WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE! You're his teacher's aid??"

The redhead grinned. "I did tell you I'd see you later."

Professor Cassian just rolled his eyes, used to the antics of one of the few students who'd decided they liked him and his class enough to be his teacher's aid. Uchan always did this to the new students.