𝐈 - 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐞

!! this book will be somewhat following the manga, as I'm mostly just going to come up with it on my own. I suggest you go read the chapter titled "CHARACTERS", as I've come up with many different characters, not from the promised neverland. !!

P.S. The first part of this chapter is mainly just being introduced to all the characters, it may get confusing.

 The first part of this chapter is mainly just being introduced to all the characters, it may get confusing

┌─────────────────┐

┌─────────────────┐

-ˋˏ " Every time I close my eyes, I see the sickening image of her lying there" ˎˊ-

└─────────────────┘

.ೃ.

• 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐲 •

- hollow'tree shelter -

𝑵𝒐𝒘
y/n

I can hear the sound of my heart beating. "...you're sure of it Akira?" I ask, hopeful this is some kind of joke.
the blue-eyed 18-year-old nods slowly. "Kaito and Maka were making rounds in the trees and reported seeing a ginger girl and a black-haired boy walking near the base."
"and they didn't stop them?" I shout with frustration.
Kaito rubs his temples and exhales calmly, "y/n-- it isn't that simple, you know this."
"This-- this is different. If they find him, how do we know he won't hurt them? Hm? I mean, sure. At first, he may welcome them with open arms but what happens when they disobey him? Will he turn on them as he did to me?" I clench my fists. "Norman isn't someone to be reckoned with."
"Your case is different, is it not?" Maka clears her throat loudly. "The two of you had a disagreement about his plans."
"Well, yes. That's correct, but Emma isn't exactly a war type of person. If her morals have stayed the same, then it is peace she wants." I explain to them. Although I am one of the youngest members of our group, I'm pretty much the leader. I take care of everywhere and am in charge of the majority of our plans.
"Sorry to interrupt, but what exactly are we to do about them and Norman, hm?" Elijah buds in.
"Obviously that's what we're trying to figure out, dumbass," Cecilia says with a scoff.
"Shut up Cece, would you?" I roll my eyes and groan. "Has anyone seen Seina and Sana? They are watching Mitsu, right? Not getting into any trouble?"
"The three of them are preparing dinner."
I let out a sigh slowly, "right, right."
"Anyways, the two were moving at a rather fast pace, almost as if..." Kaito pauses.
I raise an eyebrow, "as if?..."
The dark-haired boy's gaze shifts to the brunette girl before back to me. "..as if they were going somewhere in particular..." Kaito gulps.
Maka shakes her head with an exhale before cutting him off. "Meaning they most likely were very aware of where, and to who, they were headed to."
I let out a soft laugh of shock. "You think they were happily skipping back to Norman?"
"That isn't what she said," Kaito says sternly. It's clear he feels sorry for me.
"Well, it sounds like that's what she's implying." I place my hand on my stomach as I can feel the familiar nausea growing inside me.
"If they are truly staying with Norman, or are in touch with him, they may not know of his plans. If Emma is as you said, she will not agree with his evil ways."
I pause for a moment, thinking. "True... but if they don't agree with him, they'll do everything in their power to stop him. Meaning, he'll do something to them that I'll make him regret."
Elijah chuckles. "So what you're saying is we're going to get them out of there as soon as possible?"
My lips curve into a slight smile. "You read my mind."