𝐈𝐈 - 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐭

┌─────────────────┐

┌─────────────────┐

-ˋˏ " " You're alive. " ˎˊ-

└─────────────────┘

.ೃ.

- norman's base -

𝑵𝒐𝒘
ray

"Fascinating..." I mumble under my breath, examing the book-filled shelves while following Norman around his library. "Where'd you manage to find all these books anyway?"

"Turns out that headquarters throws away a ton of books every month," he explains. "You know, they've got to keep the knowledge fresh."

I nod in response, tracing my finger along the wood. "I can't believe you managed to build all this. How?"

"Again, most of the supplies we got from headquarters trash. And natural resources too, of course."

I nod once more, "I see..."

"You know, it's really great to be back with all of you again... It may not seem like I care, but I've really missed you all." He scratches the back of his head with an awkward smile.

I smile reassuringly. "We know, Norman. We've missed you too."

He smiles at me lovingly before patting me on the back. "I have work to do, but I'll drop by your house later on tonight."

"My house", feels good to be able to call somewhere home again. I give a slight nod in response, "okay."

I watch as he leaves, and I carry on examining the books. They surprisingly have a lot of options, but I've only read a dozen or so. I wonder if y/n would've liked it here. I know that if she were here, she'd spend her time in the library or taking care of the younger kids. She's always put others before herself, she's similar to Emma. Then again, she's nothing like Emma. Maybe if I stop talking about y/n as if she was still here, I'd get over her death.